Senior Software Engineer
Remote, Flexibility /
About Carats & Cake
Carats & Cake is a fintech platform transforming the $100 billion annual events industry through the creation of the first fully-integrated marketing and point-of-sale financing solution.
We started by helping our venues communicate their uniqueness, increase their presence and connect with more customers. Building on that success, we’re now deepening our impact by providing digital payments and financing, which enables our venues to provide a modern customer experience and optimize their business.
With backing from industry-leading, deep-pocketed investors from both the equity and debt industries, we’re accelerating our growth.
About the Role
We move fast, believe in rapid iterations and true ownership to give our people the space to do what they do best. We are looking for someone who is excited about being an early team member to play a key role in scaling our product and technology stack while contributing to our strategic technical direction. As a member of the Carats & Cake team, you will report to our CTO and have the opportunity to work remotely or be based at our headquarters in New York City or San Francisco.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the day-to-day owner of our technology stack
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
- Meaningfully affect the bottom line by building core money movement capabilities and other new features
- Shape the technology stack and system architecture that powers our entire business
- Assist in evaluating and selecting new tech team members
- Actively participate in making the workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds
Who You Are
- Highly skilled with modern development technologies used to design, deliver, debug, and maintain front-end user interfaces and back-end software systems
- Enjoy being scrappy with an eye towards quality and scalability
- Have a high sense of ownership and desire a high degree of autonomy and impact
- Value how users (both internal and external) interact and experience our software
What We Look For
- 5+ years of software engineering experience shipping production-quality code
- Experience building end-to-end systems
- Expertise with the current architecture - Ruby on Rails app hosted on Amazon EKS (this hire will be central in defining the ideal stack and architecture going forward)
- Firm understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Interest in broad sets of technology and business areas
- An ability to understand complex business problems and design high-quality technical solutions
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team
Get to Know Us
Founded in 2013, Carats & Cake has become the premier wedding network allowing couples to find vendors and venues in their locations of interest. Each month, Carats & Cake drives more than 20 million unique visitors to more 2,500 venues and 40,000 vendors across the United States. This group of venue partners represent more than $11 billion in annual event revenues. Carats & Cake is now using their reach to solve one of the biggest challenges in the events industry – venue financing.
When it comes to payments and invoicing, venues typically rely on manual processes and antiquated payment platforms. Very few venues offer any sort of financing for these events, which can often cost tens of thousands of dollars or more. With finite physical space for hosting events and limited days to maximize revenue, venues want to earn more money and earn it faster. Consumers are also demanding a better experience and the convenience of modern, digital solutions.
Through Carats & Cake’s financing solution, venues can charge more money and receive their money in advance while providing their consumers with a more flexible, modern way to pay. Combined with their marketing reach, Carats & Cake is the only company positioned to be a full-stack technology partner to venues and dominate the industry.
Carats & Cake is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race (including, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, such as natural hair, hair texture, and protective and treated or untreated hairstyles), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership/union status, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition, genetic information, reproductive health decision, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, alienage or citizenship status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province or local law. Carats & Cake complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it operates.