New York, San Francisco, or Seattle /
Carbon Direct is decarbonizing the global economy.
What is Carbon Direct?
We are a team of scientists, engineers, and innovators with a shared goal of reducing atmospheric CO2 by scaling carbon management.
What do we do?
We operate two distinct businesses:
- Advisory & Software: We work with Fortune 500 corporate clients like Microsoft, Shopify, and Alaska Airlines to develop long-term carbon management plans. We’re also building a platform to facilitate the procurement, purchasing, and monitoring of carbon removals, helping make net zero emissions a reality for all businesses.
- Investments: We scale the supply of quality removals by investing in high-potential technologies vetted by science-backed sourcing and diligence.
The science is clear: we need to pair CO2 emission reductions with removals to limit global temperatures to 1.5C, and the time to act is now. Our 40+ leading scientists have expertise in all areas of carbon management, from carbon footprinting to carbon removal procurement, and their insight guides our work.
Our team is data-centric, diverse, and purpose-driven. Join us on one of the greatest journeys of our lifetimes: the transition to net-zero.
Carbon Direct is building software for companies and their customers to act against climate change. This means we’re looking for designers who are excited to work with a team of climate scientists to make thoughtful product decisions and execute on beautiful design.
- Design features end to end.
- Bring a new brand to life in-product.
- Spend time with our clients and scientists to navigate ambiguity in the climate space.
- Shape our design processes, guidelines and culture.
- Have experience designing products that grapple with complex ideas.
- Clearly spike in one avenue of your craft, be it visual polish, data visualization, or storytelling.
- Are excited to apply yourself to fighting the climate crisis.
All that aside, the best way to learn more about designing at Carbon Direct is to speak with us. We don't want to put you in a box with a generic job description. We believe in hiring driven, curious people who are excited to apply themselves to fighting the climate crisis.
For this role, we prefer Seattle, NY, or Remote flexible candidates
Carbon Direct has a flexible, remote-friendly culture and we support our employees with their remote work set-up needs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.