Product Marketing Manager
New York, San Francisco, or Seattle /
Carbon Direct is decarbonizing the global economy.
What is Carbon Direct?
We are a team of scientists, engineers, and innovators with a shared goal of reducing atmospheric CO2 by scaling carbon management.
What do we do?
We operate two distinct businesses:
- Advisory & Software: We work with Fortune 500 corporate clients like Microsoft, Shopify, and Alaska Airlines to develop long-term carbon management plans. We’re also building a platform to facilitate the procurement, purchasing, and monitoring of carbon removals, helping make net zero emissions a reality for all businesses.
- Investments: We scale the supply of quality removals by investing in high-potential technologies vetted by science-backed sourcing and diligence.
The science is clear: we need to pair CO2 emission reductions with removals to limit global temperatures to 1.5C, and the time to act is now. Our 40+ leading scientists have expertise in all areas of carbon management, from carbon footprinting to carbon removal procurement, and their insight guides our work.
Our team is data-centric, diverse, and purpose-driven. Join us on one of the greatest journeys of our lifetimes: the transition to net-zero.
We’re growing our Marketing team and looking for a Product Marketing Manager that is as drawn to research as they are to strategy – someone who can conduct client interviews, partner in product development, and execute go-to-market plans across both our advisory and software services. This role will report to the Head of Marketing, and work hand-in-hand with our Client Management and Product Management teams.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Create targeted solution messaging across our portfolio; bring that messaging to life across sales enablement, website copy, and case study materials
- Develop go-to-market launch strategies with an intent focus on measurement and performance; partner with Sales to strategize pricing, grow customer pipeline and optimize the customer journey funnel
- Lead client interviews and user research studies to identify client needs across our developing portfolio; develop customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning analyses and use insights to create user personas and optimize our offerings
- Leveraging user research, work with the Advisory team to identify top client services with the greatest impact; work with the Software team to build a product from the ground up
- Conduct competitive landscape analyses using digital marketing intelligence tools, and identify opportunities for growth
Experience & Purpose
- 5+ years of experience working as a B2B Solutions Marketing Manager or Product Marketing Manager
- History of conducting customer research, customer segmentation, and persona development
- Skilled in leading go-to-market strategy for product and/ or service offerings Ease in managing up and across, while staying flexible and adapting to a fast-growing (and fast-moving) organization
- Has notable project management, analytical, and communication skills
- Is mission-driven and determined to address the climate crisis with science
- A degree (or comparable experience) in environmental management or technology is a plus
Carbon Direct has a flexible, remote-friendly culture and we support our employees with their remote work set-up needs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.