Seattle,WA or hybrid /
People & Culture /
Carbon Direct is decarbonizing the global economy.
What is Carbon Direct?
We are a team of scientists, engineers, and innovators with a shared goal of reducing atmospheric CO2 by scaling carbon management.
What do we do?
We operate two distinct businesses:
- Advisory & Software: We work with Fortune 500 corporate clients like Microsoft, Shopify, and Alaska Airlines to develop long-term carbon management plans. We’re also building a platform to facilitate the procurement, purchasing, and monitoring of carbon removals, helping make net zero emissions a reality for all businesses.
- Investments: We scale the supply of quality removals by investing in high-potential technologies vetted by science-backed sourcing and diligence.
The science is clear: we need to pair CO2 emission reductions with removals to limit global temperatures to 1.5C, and the time to act is now. Our 40+ leading scientists have expertise in all areas of carbon management, from carbon footprinting to carbon removal procurement, and their insight guides our work.
Our team is data-centric, diverse, and purpose-driven. Join us on one of the greatest journeys of our lifetimes: the transition to net-zero.
The (Senior) Recruiter will attract diverse, world-class talent to Carbon Direct (CD) and help to ensure we are the best place to work on the planet’s most pressing problem. You will take the lead on full-cycle talent acquisition on roles across Carbon Direct, working with leadership to rapidly scale our organization. You will be the first dedicated recruiter at CD, reporting directly into the Head of People & Culture.
We are a rapidly growing organization where flexibility is highly-valued. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to combine strategic, long-term thinking as you help build the recruiting function with daily prioritization and getting things done. Although a background in climate work is a plus but not a prerequisite, a passion for solving climate problems is required.
- Roll up your sleeves and own full-cycle recruitment for all open roles across Carbon Direct
- Actively engage with candidates and ensure they have a positive experience with Carbon Direct from application to offer
- Champion and practice diversity, equity and inclusion in recruiting efforts
- Build and improve our end-to-end recruitment processes from opening new roles, to improving how we use Lever, to closing candidates
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their team’s needs, build job descriptions, and craft a strategy to attract top talent
- Maintain strong working relationships with all relevant stakeholders, keeping them informed and appropriately involved throughout all phases of recruitment.
- Advise leaders and hiring managers, supporting strategic discussions to build teams holistically.
- Maintains knowledge, trends, and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations relating to recruitment
- Demonstrated experience with full-cycle recruitment, ideally in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented professional environment (consulting, startup, not-for-profit, etc.)
- Experience across technical (engineering) and nontechnical (sales, marketing, operations) roles preferred
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, ability to build rapport with leadership, hiring managers, and candidates alike
- Understanding of best practices and able to implement diverse candidate pipelines
- Ability to flex across long-term strategic thinking and day-to-day detailed tasks of end-to-end recruitment
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment with a dispersed team and internal customers across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated and proven networking and sourcing skills
- Ability to embrace change: can thrive and create your own structure in a fluid work environment
- Systems - experience with Lever strongly preferred; experience with Google Suite, Slack, Notion, and Zoom a plus
For this role, we have a preference for candidates based in Seattle, WA.
Carbon Direct has a flexible, remote-friendly culture and we support our employees with their remote work set-up needs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.