Content Marketing Manager
New York, San Francisco, or Seattle /
Carbon Direct is decarbonizing the global economy.
What is Carbon Direct?
We are a team of scientists, engineers, and innovators with a shared goal of reducing atmospheric CO2 by scaling carbon management.
What do we do?
We operate two distinct businesses:
- Advisory & Software: We work with Fortune 500 corporate clients like Microsoft, Shopify, and Alaska Airlines to develop long-term carbon management plans. We’re also building a platform to facilitate the procurement, purchasing, and monitoring of carbon removals, helping make net zero emissions a reality for all businesses.
- Investments: We scale the supply of quality removals by investing in high-potential technologies vetted by science-backed sourcing and diligence.
The science is clear: we need to pair CO2 emission reductions with removals to limit global temperatures to 1.5C, and the time to act is now. Our 40+ leading scientists have expertise in all areas of carbon management, from carbon footprinting to carbon removal procurement, and their insight guides our work.
Our team is data-centric, diverse, and purpose-driven. Join us on one of the greatest journeys of our lifetimes: the transition to net-zero.
We're looking to grow our Marketing team with a Content Marketing Manager, one who has a creative and strategic mind -- someone who can build and execute a content strategy from start-to-finish, write and storyboard content, and analyze the performance of that content. The Content Marketing Manager would report to the Head of Marketing with dotted line reporting to the Science team.
For this role, we strongly prefer candidates in New York, San Francisco, or Seattle.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Build, manage, and execute a multi-channel content marketing strategy from the ground-up – including original research, thought leadership, blogs, and social media
- Evolve the voice of Carbon Direct across owned and earned media
- Work with our world-class science team to support the development of original research and the communication of that research across owned and earned media
- Onboard and manage a creative agency for the development of high-fidelity videos
- Own website and social analytics, and test and iterate to grow website visits, readership, and social media engagement using analytics platforms
Experience & Purpose
- Has 5+ years experience working as a B2B Content Marketing Manager
- Skilled in copywriting, content creation, design, and performance analytics
- Experienced in managing up and across, while staying flexible and adapting to a fast-growing (and fast-moving) organization
- Is purpose-driven and determined to address the climate crisis with science
- A degree (or comparable experience) in environmental management is a plus
Carbon Direct has a flexible, remote-friendly culture and we support our employees with their remote work set-up needs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.