Non-oncology Senior Scientist
Philadelphia, PA (CIC) /
Research – Discovery /
Carisma Therapeutics is expanding into new cell and gene therapy programs and is looking for scientists with strong immunotherapy experience. The team is focused on establishing an engineered macrophage platform fornon-oncology applications, includingliver fibrosis as well as autoimmune disease.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies.The candidate will be an integral part of a small team, where each member is expected to take responsibility for their actions, work collaboratively and be an ambassador for the company in front of leadership, vendors, partners, and other. The level of the position and compensation package will be competitive and commensurate with the experience and the specific level of the candidate.
The culture at Carisma Therapeutics reflects the cutting-edge nature of the company’s work in developing novel immunotherapy treatments for human diseases. Employees come to work every day knowing their actions will have profound value. The team is a close-knit group and has cultivated an atmosphere that is fun and collegial but also goal-focused and fast-paced. There is a great passion for advancing exciting and novel science while also building a successful company.
The position is based in Philadelphia, PA.
- Develop and establish in-vivo non-oncological immunotherapy platforms in liver fibrosis and auto-immune disease.
- Execute a variety of collecting and ex-vivo processing of tissues to obtain readouts including cell infiltration, cell phenotype, and cytokine levels
- Analyze a wide variety of in vitro experiments such as immunological assays and multi-color flow cytometry profiling to characterize and evaluate immunotherapy candidates
- Appropriately analyze data, interpret results, and maintain accurate laboratory notebook records; prepare and deliver presentations at team meetings and management group
- Troubleshoot/optimize experiments and procedures
- Keep current with advances in the company’s area of research interest
- Supervise a small team of research associates performing in vivo experiments
- Support multiple research projects flexibly as the company grows
- Ph.D. in life sciences or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience, or MS with 8 years of experience in the field.
- Experience with IV/IP/SC injections in mice, dosing and bleeding, disease progression monitoring, collecting blood samples, tissue collection and processing, and recording data are essential.
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, cell line culture, primary immune cell culture, transduction/transfection, and cytokine release (ELISA/MSD) is required.
- Experiences with murine liver fibrosis models including NAFLD NASH induced model, CCL4 model is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with in vitro or in vivo autoimmune models strongly preferred
- Previous experience supervising technicians preferred.
- Proven records of publications with liver fibrosis and auto-immune disease preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Must have good communication, both oral and written, with the ability to perform detailed data
- analysis and keep accurate records.
- Should be highly motivated and capable of independent and critical thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highest moral and ethical integrity
Carisma Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Carisma Therapeutics is proud to be a 2021 Best Places to Work Honoree.