Quality Assurance Specialist
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
Casa is the secure home for your bitcoin. We help people around the world secure their bitcoin by holding their own private keys, without the headache and anxiety about losing their funds. Through our intuitive design, robust security, and expert client services & customer support, we give our customers the peace of mind that their bitcoin is safe—for themselves and their families.
Casa is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to help us build a future where everyone can truly own and protect their wealth, data, and personal privacy. Reporting to Casa’s Engineering leadership, you’ll help drive continuous improvement to Casa’s overall product, including ownership of testing across our supported platforms and integrations, investigation and analysis of technical issues, and working with clients alongside our Client Advisors. This role is fully remote with the occasional in-person team retreat (as soon as travel restrictions ease).
Why you should work at Casa:
You’ll be working alongside some of the most passionate engineers and leaders in Bitcoin. We value teamwork, trust, ownership, as well as a deep respect for our users and 'can't be evil' design principles. You'll be working with modern tools and technologies and be part of the decision-making process about product direction. Additional perks include a fresh Mac or PC when you join, a personal security audit, full benefits, and a generous vacation and PTO policy.
* Act as the primary technical liaison between Casa Client Services and our Engineering team. Investigate, analyze, reproduce, and create documentation for bugs, issues, or areas of improvement that require attention from Casa’s Product or Engineering teams and help set the priority for these issues.
* Ensure Casa’s hardware wallet integrations are always up to date - including testing new software and firmware for Trezor, Ledger, and Coldcard hardware wallets - and ensure compatibility with open-source Bitcoin wallets and services.
* Provide regression and compatibility testing across iOS, Android, and the browsers we support.
* Own Tier III support. Work alongside Casa’s Client Services team to provide bespoke, above-and-beyond service to our clients on the most difficult and advanced issues our clients encounter, calling on your technical know-how and product knowledge.
* Draw on your experiences above to collaborate with Engineering and help ensure high quality for new features.
Required Skill Set:
* Ability and excitement for working across an array of technical contexts: Casa’s mobile app, web browser, hardware wallets, open-source Bitcoin wallets, Windows/Mac/Linux, and email.
* Solid foundation with quality assurance and testing best practices. Ability to act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development and engineering process.
* Customer-facing experience - especially troubleshooting and translating technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences.
* Traits we look for in all candidates: exceptional organization, high attention to detail, a transparent and collaborative mindset, and above-and-beyond personal integrity.
“Nice to have” skills include:
* Experience with, or strong interest in learning more about: Bitcoin, open-source tools, cryptocurrency, hardware wallets, private key management, and/or digital privacy.
* Interest, ability, and drive to grow with our team as we continue to scale our Engineering team and the QA function.
* While this role does not require automated testing, any experience with automated testing tools or additional experience or training with QA/testing is a plus.
* A BA/BS degree is preferable but not required - ideally with a CS, engineering, or technical concentration. Completion of a technical bootcamp is also a plus.
* Ability to collaborate, build consensus, deliver, and help drive creative technical product improvements.
* Experience working in financial services or enterprise software.