Remote - Americas /
Engineering – Mobile Development /
Casa is the safest place for your bitcoin. We help people around the world secure their bitcoin by holding their own private keys, without the headache and anxiety about losing their funds.
Through our intuitive design, robust security, and expert client services & customer support, we give our customers the peace of mind that their bitcoin is safe—for themselves and their families.
Casa is looking for a mid-to-senior level Android Engineer to help us build the future of protecting Bitcoin, data, and personal privacy. As a member of our engineering team, you will work closely with our product, design, and technical leadership to build new features, integrations, and improvements for our mobile apps. This role is fully remote with the occasional in-person team retreat (as soon as travel restrictions ease).
Salary: $120k - $140k
Equity: 0.1% - 0.15%
- Work alongside our lead Android developer to add new features to our existing native Android application written in Kotlin, seeing the process from design through production
- Help maintain and improve the functionality of existing features, assist in the quality assurance processes, and help address any new bugs
- Support the Quality Assurance and Client Services teams in investigating bug reports and identifying exact problems and solutions
- Regularly review other engineers’ code
Required Skill Set
- 5+ years experience developing mobile applications for Android with Kotlin and Java
- Experience developing user interfaces with Android Studio
- Experience creating mobile applications that communicate with a backend via Restful APIs
- An eye for design, attention to detail and a desire to create great in-app user experiences
- Demonstrable knowledge of secure coding practices
- Knowledgeable about deployment process & deployment optimization
- Experience in Git/GitHub and code review tools
- Solid engineering fundamentals and commitment to high quality code
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team, including helping teammates move quickly
- Solid communication skills and desire to frequently communicate with the team about project status and blockers
Ideal Candidates will also have…
- A desire to constantly stay up to date on the newest Android APIs and technologies
- Experience writing unit tests and utilizing UI test frameworks
- Experience building reusable components that can be used throughout a codebase
- Experience developing high-security products
- Experience working remotely
- Interest in Bitcoin, privacy, digital self-sovereignty, and/or cryptocurrency applications
- Prior startup experience
Why you should work at Casa
You’ll be working alongside some of the most passionate engineers and leaders in Bitcoin. We value teamwork, trust, ownership, as well as a deep respect for our users and 'can't be evil' design principles. You'll be working with modern tools and technologies and be part of the decision-making process about product direction. Additional perks include a fresh Mac or PC when you join, a personal security audit, full benefits, and a generous vacation and PTO policy.