Lead, Product Design
Remote (US) /
We’re on a mission to help make shoppers' money go further. Backed by Sequoia, Index Ventures, and Forerunner, as well as the founders of Affirm, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Casper, and DoorDash, Catch is a new rewards platform that allows both merchants & consumers to save money by cutting out credit card processing fees. No debt, no fees— just rewards.
We’re a remote-first, tight-knit team of ~15 with hubs of employees in San Francisco and New York City. Building a diverse team is paramount to our success and fostering a healthy company culture, and we’re committed to an equitable interviewing process for all candidates.
We’re looking for a lead-level product designer to evolve our product, and help reimagine the future of Catch– that could mean tearing things down and starting from zero in some cases, or building on components we have already in others. As the sole product designer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience of our products, ensuring they meet the highest standards of design and functionality.
Who you are:
- Empathetic communicator: You excel in conveying ideas, both visually and verbally, with a focus on audience needs.
- Problem solver: You’re adept at identifying core problems. You have the tools for cutting through complexity and ambiguity.
- Expert in your craft: You excel at type, spacing, color and responsive design. You’re fluent in Figma.
- Action oriented: You’re comfortable making quick decisions and rough prototypes to gather insights. You know when to focus on details and when to take shortcuts.
- Adaptable: You’re confident in defending your approach, but open to changing it given new insights.
- User advocate: You’re comfortable speaking up for user needs and finding opportunities to align them with business goals.
- You love what you do: You bring joy and creativity to your work, all while approaching challenges with a systematic mindset.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Minimum of 8 years in product design, showcased in a robust portfolio or work samples.
- Expert-level proficiency in Figma, design systems and responsive design.
- Experience conducting foundational and evaluative user research through interviews, usability testing, and surveys— synthesizing insights to inform user-driven product decisions (experience with Dovetail a plus).
- Comfortable with HTML/CSS (experience with Webflow is a plus).
- A track record of designing and shipping products and leading projects to successful outcomes for consumers and the business.
- Experience working closely and efficiently with PMs and Engineers to craft scalable solutions.
- Experience or enthusiasm for the ecommerce, online retail, and payments industries a plus.
Catch’s Employee Benefits (not exhaustive & will grow over time):
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Generous family leave policy - four months for either parent, plus an additional month for a birthing parent
- Unlimited vacation (and we encourage folks to take the time off that they need)
- A $500 Home Office Stipend to set up your work from home space
- $25 in Catch credits every month to spend at our merchants
Catch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The annual salary range for the expected level for this role is $165,000- $200,000 at time of posting. Compensation also includes equity and comprehensive benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.