Principal Verification Engineer I
Engineering – FPGA /
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Principal Verification Engineer I to our team. If you enjoy working in a startup environment and are passionate about developing leading-edge phased arrays for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the evaluation and technical implementation of FPGA and digital design simulation, verification and emulation infrastructure.
- Lead the development, maintenance and phased deployment of continuous integration and regression testing infrastructure.
- Develop state-of-the-art UVMf-based top-level and module-level testbenches using block-to-top best practices for reusability, including both control and data plane stimulation using VIP & System Verilog DPI-C integration with existing MATLAB and Python numerical models.
- Lead the development of reusable custom VIP modules.
- Work closely with the engineering and senior leadership teams to train and mentor engineers at all experience levels on UVMf testbench usage and modern approaches to FPGA/digital design. Work with the modeling and scientific staff to implement DPI-C dataplane verification interfaces into existing MATLAB and Python models.
- Regularly communicate and present on the current state of verification in the industry, and at the company.
- Continually evaluate current processes regarding FPGA and digital design with a focus on Xilinx TLM models and QEMU-RP integration.
- Work closely with vendors to define requirements of future simulation model deliverables.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices regarding FPGA and digital design methodologies.
- Work closely with the engineering leadership team to evaluate and non-disruptively implement process improvements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 9 years of industry experience in verification and automation.
- Expert-level knowledge of FPGA digital design verification techniques including VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog, C/C++, SystemC, UVM/UVMf, DPI-C, TLM, Formal CDC and functional analysis, QEMU and VIP.
- Expert-level knowledge of digital design automation infrastructure, including CI, regression testing and HIL testing.
- Advanced-level knowledge of Linux.
- Advanced-level knowledge of vendor-provided FPGA development tools with a focus on Xilinx tools.
- Desire and ability to train and mentor while maintaining a positive and productive attitude.
- A deep sense of ownership of your work, and for the success of the company.
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. Full-time employment offers include company stock options and a generous benefits package featuring health, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life and retirement plans.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.