Supply Chain Manager
Austin, TX /
Manufacturing & Operations – Supply Chain /
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add a Supply Chain Manager to our team. The ideal candidate has experience planning, implementing, and monitoring overall supply chain strategy in order to maximize efficiency and productivity. If you enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about supply chain, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain functions including sourcing, contracting, procurement, transportation, inventory management, materials management, and supplier review. Additionally, your analytical skills will contribute strongly, as you provide deep insight into spending patterns, trends, and cost reduction potential as the company continues its rapid growth.
- Direct and coordinate supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, and profitability maximization
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules required to effectively monitor and track supplier progress and identify issues and corrective actions related to supplier technical, cost, and schedule performance
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for procurement and business growth
- Develop a process of identifying and tracking action items to closure
- Develop and present supplier technical, cost, and schedule progress at customer-level status meetings
- Identify and track supplier non-conformances to closure
- Handle communications and negotiations with vendors and suppliers while ensuring all quality standards are met
- Track supply chain effectiveness, efficiency, and opportunities
- Analyze supply chain data and performance to improve productivity and efficiency while reducing costs
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records
- Assist with a wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, or related field
- 5-7+ years of experience of supply chain experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- First-hand knowledge of supplier quality systems
- Great project management and problem-solving skills
- Experience using an ERP system (Accumatica, Arena, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to back up conclusions with data
- Time management skills, with the ability to separate the important tasks from the noise
- Sense of urgency, with ability to work well under pressure
- An ability to present concise data to internal and external stakeholders
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working within the Aerospace industry
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.