Principal FPGA Engineer
Cesium UK – Engineering /
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Principal FPGA Engineer to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for FPGA circuits and systems through all phases of the development process. The ideal candidate will have experience in FPGA design, verification, test, and deployment at the HDL level. FPGA HDL designs will include high-speed serial interfaces and data streams, digital processing cores, multiple clocks and clock domains, and management interfaces. Testing, validation, and verification will also be central tasks for any FPGA design. Experience in digital signal processing or board-level hardware design is also desirable.
The successful candidate will present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- 9 years of industry or university research experience in the design, analysis, and implementation of FPGA systems at the HDL level.
- Expertise in FPGA design and verification (Verilog/VHDL, HDL coder, Xilinx’s Vivado, Modelsim, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, and vector signal analyzers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Aerospace design and qualification.
- Worst-case analysis, failure method and criticality analyses, and reliability analysis.
- Experience with board-level hardware design.
- Familiarity with communications systems, such as digital signal processing.
- CesiumAstro is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and great benefits including competitive employer pension contributions, company-provided income protection and life insurance cover, an employee assistance program, and generous vacation and sick leave.
- Tremendous scope for personal growth and professional development in a high-growth company.
- A highly talented, passionate, international team that is changing the space industry.
- Modern working environment.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.