Austin, TX /
Products – Sales /
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
We are looking to add several Applications Engineers to our rapidly growing customer-facing team. In this position, you will represent Cesium as a technical expert on our products, building relationships with our customers from the marketing stage all the way through in-orbit support. A major part of CesiumAstro’s mission is to deliver space communication systems that work out of the box, and the Applications Engineering Team will play a crucial role in delivering that seamless user experience.
As a CesiumAstro Applications Engineer, you can expect a varied and dynamic day-to-day workflow. Some days will be spent in the lab with CesiumAstro design engineers, learning the ins and outs of our hardware and software. Some days will be spent helping shape the Cesium product roadmap by providing feedback on customer needs, goals, and user experience; you will act as the “Voice of the Customer” to provide insight and clarity to developers. Some days will be spent at customers’ labs or on video calls, teaching customers how to use our products. And some days will be spent crafting app notes and diagrams to provide users with a space communication system that truly works out of the box.
This role is heavily focused on technical customer interaction. As such, exceptional technical communication skills are required. Candidates with relevant work samples, such as public app notes or user manuals, will be highly preferred.
This role may require up to 20% travel to customer facilities and trade shows.
Key responsibilities include:
- Guiding technical customers through the use and integration of CesiumAstro products.
- Authoring technical application notes, user manuals, and white papers.
- Transfering customer feedback to our product development teams.
- Building long-term relationships with technical customers.
- Developing processes and procedures to structure product development and application.
- Becoming a technical expert in Cesium’s products in depth to execute the above. This includes state-of-the-art RF, digital, and power electronics; embedded software; FPGAs; DSP; mechanical integration; and end-to-end wireless communication links.
Successful candidates will have, as a minimum:
- A Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in a relevant technical degree, such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in technical product development or application support.
- Working knowledge of RF electronics and communication systems.
- Exceptional technical communication skills.
- Experience building relationships with technical customers.
- Experience with the methodical troubleshooting of electronics and software.
- Working software proficiency in C/C++ or Python.
Preferred qualifications include:
- In-depth experience with RF electronics and communication systems, including link budgets.
- Experience with a broad range of technical areas, such as high-speed digital systems (10+ Gbps), power electronics, FPGAs, DSP, embedded software, and mechanical interfaces (i.e. thermal, dynamics).
- Experience with high-reliability electronics, such as aerospace.
- Experience with small satellites.
- Experience in technical product planning, marketing, or sales.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.