Senior RF Engineer II
Engineering – RF /
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Senior RF Engineer II to our team. The ideal candidate has experience in board-level RF electronics design. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about developing leading-edge RF hardware for satellites, spacecraft, and aerospace systems, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will be responsible for RF circuits and systems through all phases of the development process. The ideal candidate will be proficient in board-level schematic design and PCB layout of RF circuits, and system-level communications concepts such as link budgets and modulation schemes. The work will include many aspects of phased array communication systems, including RF front-ends, frequency converters and synthesizers, filters, beamformers, power dividers, and phased array antennas.
As a Cesium hardware team member, you will be responsible for RF hardware designs from initial concept through requirements definition, part selection, detailed design, analysis, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of Cesium's products. Hardware design tasks will include block diagrams, detailed schematics, PCB layout and routing, simulations, and test design.
The successful candidate will also present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) from an accredited university or institution.
- 6+ years of industry experience in design and analysis of RF electronics design, analysis, test, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with professional simulation tools such as CST and ADS, as well as EDA tools such Altium.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MATLAB or other programming languages.
- Experience in aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Knowledge of worst-case circuit analysis, failure method and criticality analyses, and reliability analysis.
- Experience with antenna design.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
$120,000 - $145,000 a year
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. Full-time employment offers include company stock options and a generous benefits package featuring health, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, life and retirement plans.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.