Head of Software
San Francisco /
Engineering – Leadership /
Chef Robotics’ goal is to transform food companies with intelligent food automation. By automating food production, we are solving the number one problem the food industry faces - a crushing labor shortage. Our robotic system is gaining fast traction with various customers and clients. We have signed multiple 8-figure multi-year contracts with various food companies and expect to expand our reach in the near future.
Our team consists of Senior and Staff engineers and leaders from various industries and companies, such as Cruise, Google, Tesla, Nuro, Neuralink, Meta, and more.
Chef is a private company funded by Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg Beta, and Promus Ventures.
More about our goal: https://chefrobotics.ai/mission
More about our principles: https://chefrobotics.ai/principles
More about benefits: https://chefrobotics.ai/careers
- Collaborate with the management team to recruit C-suite level hires, represent Chef at panels, and investor conferences.
- Lead, develop, and scale the Software/Autonomy team.
- Help scale Chef’s autonomy stack to 100 units deployed.
- Determine and set the technical direction for Chef’s software stack.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Physics (or industry experience that proves you didn't need it).
- 10+ years of production engineering experience as a software tech lead, manager, or director (responsible for software on a hardware product).
- Successfully shipped and scaled at least two products in market.
- Led and managed various leveled-engineering teams.
- An understanding of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, perception and computer vision, machine learning and robotic motion planning and control.
- Mastery of production level software.
- Able to be onsite at the SF Chef Robotics office.
$185,000 - $235,000 a year
No cash bonus, a chance to receive significant equity at a Pre-Series A startup already generating revenue!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!