Senior Data Engineer
New York, New York
Data – Data /
Full Time /
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to elevate Chord as the leader in headless commerce and data. You’ll join a growing team that is building a platform to empower modern and omnichannel brands with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, you will build foundational infrastructure and associated data models that fuel best-in-class insights and a reporting toolkit intended to empower our customers with solid insights to drive their business. As our next Sr. Data Engineer, you will be a key member of the Data team and will report directly to our Chief of Data.
Chord offers advanced data and ecommerce infrastructure for modern brands that want to have cutting-edge technology and unified data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is a SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will:
- Chart the course for our data pipelines and data warehouse, optimizing for accuracy, performance, and accessibility.
- Build best-in-class data architecture and frameworks that enable a modern, scalable data product.
- Lead architecture frameworks and the development of data, experimentation, and analytics solutions in collaboration with cross-functional partners in the Product and Engineering organizations.
- Provide production support for pipeline and data warehouse to tackle issues that arise with data load, data transformation, and reporting.
- Test and clearly document data assets and warehouse implementations to enable others to understand the implementation and definition of data methodologies easily.
- Focus on monitoring, CICD methodologies, and pipeline security.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Previous experience with distributed systems at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and optimize core data infrastructure.
- Experience building and maintaining custom ingestion pipelines.
- Experience gathering requirements and creating solutions for high data accessibility and usability.
- Comfortability defining and improving standards and frameworks for maintainable best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure -- you'll maintain and advocate for these standards.
- To be excited by the opportunity to optimize and automate our pipelines.
- Experience with DBT, SQL, Snowflake, and Fivetran.
- Experience with cloud-based AWS ecosystems and products.
- Experience with real-time data streams, cohorting, data classification, and data lineage is a plus.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
- An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage and a percentage towards dependant coverage.
- Flexible PTO; we encourage you to take the time you need to be your best self at work.
- An onboarding package and annual work-from-home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remotely.
- Generous Parental Leave with a customizable transition back to work program.
- To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas and create and lead initiatives at any level in the organization.
$139,500 - $198,000 a year
This is the expected salary range for US-based employment. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes Equity. We set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies in our market. This salary range represents the full salary range for the position. The starting base pay offered may vary depending on factors including experience, expertise, market demands, and internal parity.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a Zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.