Front End Engineer (Remote)
Columbus, OH /
Design Circle /
1 in 5 Americans. Nearly half of all births. ~2.5% of US GDP. Number one line item of most state budgets. Medicaid: the health safety net of America's most vulnerable. Circulo Health is building the future of Medicaid insurance. Grounded in world-class member and provider experiences, technology, and our unique relationship with Olive.ai focused on AI and Automation. If you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun, join us today and let’s make a difference together in building the future of Medicaid
As a Front End Engineer, you will work closely with the design circle and will develop for a multitude of projects at Circulo. From product features to partnership experiences, you will work alongside designers and other developers to create on-brand, innovative experiences.
What you'll do
- Work closely with designers to implement and launch interaction-heavy, animated products
- Work with engineers on other teams to apply our design principles and style guide to all our products
- Sometimes you’ll help build individual pages, and sometimes you’ll help build intricate, reusable front-end components
- Work with a small team on all phases of the software life cycle
- Maintain the codebase and be conscious of how new changes affect systems as a whole
- Focus nearly 100% on coding and solving technical problems -- not meetings and managing
What you'll need (minimum qualifications)
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, focusing on concepts like mobile first development, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience building web applications with attention to detail and brilliant animations that bring the page to life
- A solid understanding of common web design patterns, including concepts like typography, color, layout, and scalability
- Experience with building delightful and scalable products with designers, developers, and product managers
What you'll need (preferred qualifications)
- Experience with modern web frameworks like React/Redux, Vue.js, or Angular
- Experience with CSS-in-JS libraries like Styled Components or Styled System, as well as UI component tools like Storybook
- Experience with deployment platforms like Vercel or Heroku, as well as development frameworks like NextJS or Gatsby
- Experience with UI/UX tools like Figma, Sketch, or Framer
- Experience building vivid web animations using CSS transitions and keyframes
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant equivalent experience
The Team...Circulo Health is building the future of Medicaid Insurance. We are:
- a good-hearted, passionate team of healthcare vets and tech folk.
- focused on happier, healthier Members and smarter systems.
- humble given the gravity of our work.
- eager to build the future as fast as possible.
- uniquely partnered with Olive AI, the leader in healthcare automation.
- backed with $50M in capital (Drive Capital, General Catalyst, Oak HC/FT, and SVB Capital).
Our perks...Here are some highlights
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: 100% of premiums are covered by Circulo for quality care for all team members and their dependents
- Stock Options: all team members receive stock options
- 401(k) program: all team members have access to our 401(k) savings program and all administration costs are covered by Circulo
- Vacation: time off is not just unlimited, it’s required (minimum of 3 days a quarter)
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks fully paid time off for all new parents with flexible scheduling and additional unpaid leave available