Software Engineer (Remote)
Columbus, OH /
Workflow Circle /
1 in 5 Americans. Nearly half of all births. ~2.5% of US GDP. Number one line item of most state budgets. Medicaid: the health safety net of America's most vulnerable. Circulo Health is building the future of Medicaid insurance. Grounded in world-class member and provider experiences, technology, and our unique relationship with Olive.ai focused on AI and Automation. If you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun, join us today and let’s make a difference together in building the future of Medicaid
You’ll be responsible for researching, developing, and delivering innovation to the workflows of Medicaid providers (front desk workers, nurses, physicians, and more).
We are looking for engineers to work collaboratively, utilize popular technologies and processes, and act as a leader to deliver disrupting products that delight our customers. The role consists of talented individuals in software engineering with a superb ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a team-based setting.
This role is part of the workflow circle (team), which delivers solutions through the Olive Helps platform. Our stack is a work in progress, so you'll be an integral part of defining the tech we use! Here's where we're at today:
- DevOps/Platform: Docker, Terraform, AWS
- Backend: Node (Typescript), Go, Python, Postgres
- Frontend: React (Typescript), Go (Olive Helps)
- Mobile: React Native
Our Team...Circulo Health is building the future of Medicaid insurance. We are:
- a good-hearted, passionate team of healthcare vets and tech folk.
- focused on happier, healthier Members and smarter systems.
- humble given the gravity of our work.
- eager to build the future as fast as possible.
- uniquely partnered with Olive AI, the leader in healthcare automation.
- backed with $50M in capital (Drive Capital, General Catalyst, Oak HC/FT, and SVB Capital).
What you'll do
- Utilize and conduct research to discover and refine ideas that improve provider’s workflows
- Define and create software products, frameworks, reference architectures, patterns, and practices for implementation
- Plan sprints, OKRs, and focus points in coordination with team members
- Work with the team in a constant iterative process of understanding how providers work, innovating these practices, and improving them through data analysis, feedback, and more
- Utilize many services offered by Olive (AI), specifically Olive Helps
- Develop and test Circulo’s software products using our tech stack including technologies such as Typescript, NodeJS, Go, RPA, and Amazon Web Services
- Write effective unit tests that ensure the quality and reliability of products
- Analyze and debug issues related to code, infrastructure, and testing configurations
- Mentor other engineers to support their tasks ensuring team commitments
- Effectively communicate project status and key issues to team leads and/or leadership
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle – design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
What you'll need
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant equivalent experience
- Demonstrable ability to take a lead of new problems and R&D a solution in collaboration with the team
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products
- Experience with gathering information and requirements from various sources including interviews, questionnaires, and internal documentation
- Demonstrable knowledge of multiple languages including, but not limited to TypeScript, NodeJS, Go, Python
- Experience with RESTful API design, creating integrations across multiple APIs and systems, and microservice architectures
- Experience in object-oriented design/architecture, applying design patterns, data structures, and algorithms in multithreaded applications
- Experience with CI\CD pipelines (GitLab, GitHub, Terraform)
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS) and large scale production environments
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis)
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships, and influence with self-awareness, maturity, and integrity.
Our Perks...There are more but here are some highlights:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: 100% of premiums are covered by Circulo for quality care for all team members and their dependents
- Stock Options: all team members receive stock options
- 401(K) plan offered to all team members
- Vacation: time off is not just unlimited, it’s required (minimum of 3 days a quarter)