Software Engineer (Remote)
Columbus, OH /
Mosaic Circle /
1 in 5 Americans. Nearly half of all births. ~2.5% of US GDP. Number one line item of most state budgets. Medicaid: the health safety net of America's most vulnerable. Circulo Health is building the future of Medicaid insurance. Grounded in world-class member and provider experiences, technology, and our unique relationship with Olive.ai focused on AI and Automation. If you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun, join us today and let’s make a difference together in building the future of Medicaid
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer (focused middle- and back-end experience) to help build Circulo’s next generation care model - called Mosaic. Mosaic leverages best-in-class partnerships to deliver new and transformational experiences to our members. The Software Engineer will build technology solutions that serve to integrate external healthcare partners into the Circulo ecosystem. You will work on a dynamic and fast-paced team with solutions architects, product managers, and others to deliver software solutions that delight our members and providers. You will report to the Chief Medical Officer/Head of Mosaic.
What you'll do
- Build the software solution that enables external Mosaic partners to be implemented into the Circulo technology ecosystem in a secure, effective and scalable way.
- Develop and test software products using our tech stack, including technologies such as Typescript, NodeJS, Go, RPA, and Amazon Web Services.
- Utilize services offered by Olive (AI).
- Analyze and debug issues related to code, infrastructure, and testing configurations.
- Enhance products and applications by identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers, solution architects, and other engineers to deliver high-quality products in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate project status and key issues to team leads and/or leadership.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Experience building delightful, scalable healthcare products with designers, mobile developers, and product managers.
- Knowledge of multiple languages and platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Python, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with RESTful API design, creating integrations across multiple APIs and systems, and microservice architectures.
- Experience in object-oriented design/architecture, applying design patterns, data structures, and algorithms in multithreaded applications.
- Experience with CI\CD pipelines (GitHub, CircleCI, Terraform).
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS) and large scale production environments.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis).
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships.
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within matrices, virtual, and flat environments.
Our Perks...Here are some highlights:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: 100% of premiums are covered by Circulo for quality care for all team members and their dependents.
- Stock Options: all team members receive stock options.
- 401(k) program: all team members have access to our 401(k) savings program and all administration costs are covered by Circulo.
- Vacation: time off is not just unlimited, it’s required (minimum of 3 days a quarter).
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks fully paid time off for all new parents with flexible scheduling and additional unpaid leave available.
- Joining one of the coolest teams in all the land!