Director, International Accounting
Chicago, IL /
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
To support our ambitious growth strategy, CoinFlip is searching for a Global Finance Director who is responsible for full-cycle financial reporting for multiple international entities, the development of financial metrics and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The Finance Director will be accountable for owning the accounting operations of the International corporate entities, including consolidating International Entities within our Netsuite ERP. This includes the production of monthly Consolidated Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement that can be relied upon by the team in a timely fashion. You will manage a team of accountants and ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reports, maintenance of Netsuite to ensure a quality system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of financial controls and procedures designed to mitigate risk.
- This Position requires experience closing financial statements for an International, multi-entity Corporation that needs to be Consolidated under Common Ownership.
- Full Ownership of International Financial Statement Close Process and International Financial Statement Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Full Ownership of International Entities within Netsuite ERP system, including reviewing journal entries for accuracy
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed for working capital needs
- Work alongside corporate treasury to manage international banking relationships
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the leadership team
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns in US and program countries where required
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Understand and mitigate key exposure points within the organization’s risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all global legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and all government agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; CPA/CMA/CA and/or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of U.S. accounting standards under GAAP, and IFRS as applicable
- Demonstrated excellence in finance, accounting, budgeting, controls, and reporting
- Experience with financial and accounting systems; highly skilled in MS Excel
- Strong financial analytical skills utilizing advanced Excel techniques
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well in teams and in a collaborative environment
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of Cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.