Security SOC Analyst
Tampa, FL or Chicago, IL /
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
The Security Analyst will be responsible for security event monitoring activities, including identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security events. This candidate will have technical experience with the evaluation of security events, risks and controls (e.g., Operating Systems, Applications, Data Security, Web Applications, Encryption, Authentication Mechanisms, Access Management).
- Maintain the security (confidentiality, integrity, and availability) of data and systems related to the corporate, retail and e-commerce infrastructures
- Stay current with and remain knowledgeable about new threats. Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) from security events across a large heterogeneous network of security devices and end-user systems
- Participate in threat modeling collaboration with other members of the security team.
- Leverage automation and orchestration solutions to automate repetitive tasks
- Work alongside other security team members to hunt for and identify security issues generated from the network, including third-party relationships
- Partner with the security engineering team to improve tool usage and workflow, as well as with the advanced threats and assessment team to mature monitoring and response capabilities.
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends and recommend security enhancements to management
- Follow established incident response procedures and take direction in a fast-paced environment
- Quickly respond to escalated security incident tickets to assess, contain, and eradicate threats
- Recommend improvements to security processes and services
- Provide input into the security awareness program providing critical information about security risks and requirements to all stakeholders
- Bachelors degree required.
- At least eight years of related experience required in a technology focused financial services company, with prior management experience
- Must have experience with creation and/or management of in-house multi-lingual call centers or proven methodology for servicing a global customer service team.
- 2+ years of experience building remote and onsite call center teams and processes
- Experience building and growing a contact center to scale
- Demonstrated experience with metrics and analysis including workforce planning, productivity, SLAs and KPIs required
- Minimum two years experience leading large teams (100+)
- Data and technology focused mentality
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of Cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.