Anti Money Laundering Associate
Chicago, IL /
CoinFlip is a leading financial services platform focused on the digital economy. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by volume and an over-the-counter trading desk, giving the world quick, easy, and secure access to the benefits of cryptocurrency.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, making it the top-ranked cryptocurrency company in the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 Silver Stevie ® Award for Customer Service.
With a 5-year growth rate of 1,715,091.9%, the company is looking to quickly expand its current headcount across all departments. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as it plans to add additional business lines, expand internationally, and cement itself as a leading fintech company.
We're seeking a AML Associate responsible for working within prescribed BSA/AML procedures to conduct transaction monitoring, and identify customers which pose a risk for money laundering and terrorist financing. This position will play a critical role in reviewing alerts, customer documentation, and customer behaviors. The AML Associate compiles evidence and documentation in compliance with BSA/AML procedures and regulatory reporting requirements. This role analyzes, researches and documents relevant data to determine if potential suspicious activity has been identified. The AML Associate will also draft suspicious activity reports for reporting, where applicable.
- Review transaction monitoring alerts received through various platforms
- Evaluating and investigating documentation and determining if activity is suspicious
- Drafting suspicious activity reports where applicable
- Assist in customer service correspondence
- Be able to conduct reviews/investigations of a minimum of 10 alerts or cases per day
- Record all investigations and supporting information in applicable logs
- Support compliance analysts
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of financial compliance
- Attention to detail
- Analytical, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
Nice to Have:
- College degree preferred
- Previous work experience analyzing datasets
- Have a basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and applicable rules and regulations
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this role, you give express consent that CoinFlip may send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role, your application, and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP" to the text message you received. Message and data rates apply. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.