Director - International & Emerging Markets
Chicago, IL /
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
As the Director – International and Emerging Marketing, you will support in building and managing cross functional activities to execute strategic plans in target markets. You will develop relationships with partners in emerging markets and play a key role building a global business. In this role, you’ll proactively find the best emerging geographies for the company’s expansion. You’ll research and analyze key data for existing and new geographies. You will build and execute new entry plans based upon that research. In this role, you will report to the VP – International supporting our key growth initiatives.
- Build and execution strategic and operational (GTM) plans to enter and win in new markets
- Ensure all plans align with key functional teams including operations, compliance, finance, product and technology
- Manage cross functional activities to accomplish strategic plans
- Work across teams to research, prioritize and propose new geographies to enter
- Establish partnerships with key players in target markets to extend our offering
- Identify efficiencies based on best practices based on operating models
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of related business experience and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience planning, organizing, leading, and managing activities in an international environment
- Experience managing remote teams, with global operational experience in multiple countries
- Ability to establish close partnerships with key stakeholders and effectively communicate to ensure alignment
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel in particular), and ability to formulate strategic plans
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to prioritize well and drive teams towards goals with efficiency and high productivity
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- Excellent vision, leadership, and critical thinking skills to prioritize evolving initiatives in a fast-paced operational environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience in management consulting or similar roles
- Prior experience in partnership and business development roles
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
- Understanding of compliance requirements related to financial products
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.