Senior Website Manager & Developer
Chicago, IL /
CoinFlip is a leading financial services platform focused on the digital economy. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by volume and an over-the-counter trading desk, giving the world quick, easy, and secure access to the benefits of cryptocurrency.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, making it the top-ranked cryptocurrency company in the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 Silver Stevie ® Award for Customer Service.
With a 5-year growth rate of 1,715,091.9%, the company is looking to quickly expand its current headcount across all departments. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as it plans to add additional business lines, expand internationally, and cement itself as a leading fintech company.
As the Senior Web Developer, you will be responsible for writing clean, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way, Producing detailed specifications as well as troubleshooting, testing and maintaining the core product software and databases. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of current HTML/CSS/PHP coding language, an ability to problem-solve issues and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, and be able to communicate effectively with team members and clients.
- Write clean, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools
- Prioritize, plan and implement web-based marketing strategies and campaigns via CoinFlips' website(s)
- Create a vision and strategy for the website designed to improve customer journey conversions, optimize flows, and streamline navigation
- Build, maintain, and execute a global website roadmap of projects, deliverables, and initiatives, ensuring projects are prioritized in a way that achieves OKRs
- This includes aligning key stakeholders and contributors
- Work with Creative teams to develop blog strategy and operational framework to leverage the blog as an acquisition channel
- Establish KPIs and develop reporting & dashboards using analytics platforms (such as Google Analytics)
- Responsible for managing, organizing and presenting data in a clear, concise and actionable format to cross-functional teams and organization
- Be the voice & leader to ensure team understanding of current trends and developments in digital marketing as it relates to websites and landing pages
- Create detailed project plans outlining requirements, task owners, milestones, dependencies & key risks and deliver project plans against tight deadlines
- Define & build processes and workflows for managing web content management to enable scale, promote self-sufficiency and minimize turnaround times for requests
- Ensure adherence to web, compliance and graphic standards
- Manage and provide career development for direct report(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field as well as at least four years of professional experience
- Have a strong internal customer service attitude
- Have exceptional communication, both orally and in writing, and listening skills
- Have strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to detail while meeting tight deadlines and budgets
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and proposing solutions
- Able to maintain composure under pressure and adapt quickly and comfortably to shifts in priorities while maintaining the highest levels of customer service and responsiveness
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and team-player mentality
- Have a willingness to learn new skills as necessary
Nice to Have:
- While not a hard requirement, experience with crypto based products and services is a plus
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this role, you give express consent that CoinFlip may send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role, your application, and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP" to the text message you received. Message and data rates apply. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.