Senior Data Scientist
Tampa, FL or Chicago, IL /
CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. Believing everyone deserves to participate in the new digital economy, the company operates one of the world’s largest networks of cryptocurrency ATMs — with over 4,000 active kiosks — as well as an over-the-counter trading desk. In 2022, CoinFlip became an international company by expanding into Canada, and launched CoinFlip Ventures, a new initiative designed to support start-up companies.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with experience in full suite of data science, analytics and ML in a broad spectrum of business functions. As a senior technical member on the Analytics and Data Science team, you will use big data to understand customer behavior and drive decision-making in product development across various crypto products and digital services.
- Actively engage with the line businesses in a cross functional environment, including marketing, finance, operation, customer success, compliance, etc.
- Identify opportunities and formulate data science / machine learning projects to optimize for revenue, acquisition, engagement, retention, customer satisfaction and minimize potential compliance risk exposures.
- Assist in building ML models and MLOps with modern tech stack in the full ML Lifecyle, including GitLab, AWS, Sagemaker, Redshift, EC2, EMR and Dbt to develop and deploy online/offline ML products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in data science and analytics and research and adopt the new tooling and methodologies in the crypto space.
- Other duties as assigned
- Data driven mindset with a graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, AI/ML, Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering, or an equivalent technical field.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software development, data science, or data analytics.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in product analytics centered around customer behavior and digital product adoption and risk management, compliance analytics would be highly valued.
- Experience with experimental design, A/B testing, statistical inference/causal analysis is highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling process from data exploration, methodology (statistical models, unsupervised and supervised ML models) to model validation, deployment and performance monitoring.
- Professional experience with a programming language such as Python or R, and advanced SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau/Looker.
- Experience with data science modeling toolsets such as Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn.
- Demonstrated leadership in complex areas, through critical thinking, thought leadership, effective communication, and relentless drive for progress.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
- Comfort handling ambiguity and managing multiple assignments.
The Nice To Have's:
- Build cloud-based ML infrastructure with minimal support and scale with business need, either in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- While not a hard requirement, experience with crypto based products and services is a plus.
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” — we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.