Director of Web Development
We are Community Boost, the premiere digital marketing agency for social impact and nonprofit organizations. For over a decade, we have successfully navigated the ever changing digital landscape for some of the world’s most important organizations like charity:water, Cancer Research Institute, Kiva and Save the Children. We take this responsibility seriously which is why we are constantly seeking world class talent to join our team.
Community Boost is seeking a(n) Director of Web Development to help our clients achieve greater success. The Director of Web Development will focus on leading our new service offering and growing the Web Development Department through driving technical projects from conception to release in service of achieving client goals.
What you will do:
- Act as web lead for some of our largest clients and work alongside other client leads, managers, and other departments to develop successful plans and website launches for clients
- Mentor and foster growth within a full team of employees and lead the development team, including managing profitability, business, and staffing development
- Setup timelines and tasks to successfully build and maintain beautiful, responsive, digital products from start to finish (websites, splash pages, emails)
- Develop a collaborative culture to improve our work product
- Work with clients and/or departmental client leads to develop products to maximize engagement and fundraising performance
- Update and improve our in-house built wordpress template
- Manage updates and improvements on previous projects
- Contribute to the team’s strategies and processes researching new tools, current web development trends, and best practices
- Architect, build, and maintain digital marketing materials, including websites, mobile applications, marketing emails, display banners, and data warehouses
- Champion best practices in UX, UI, software development, and quality assurance
- Understand and seamlessly integrate the major donation platform systems within client sites
What you bring:
- 5-10 years of experience in the development of web and marketing technology solutions at a marketing agency or similar organization
- In-depth knowledge of designing and building for accessibility, WCAG compliance, and authoring code that is not only performant but oriented toward search engine optimization
- Management experience
- Experience working directly in a client-facing role and in executive communication, relationship building and decision making; expert at stakeholder and partner management
- Experience with WordPress theme development
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience developing HTML email templates
- Knowledge of security best practices in modern web application environments
- A proven ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge updating and creating DNS records
- Authors clean, well-structured, well-documented, and reusable code
- Dynamic, tactical and gritty, willing to roll up your sleeves
What we provide:
- Starting salary band: $120,000 to $150,000
- Remote first culture - freedom to work from anywhere
- Unlimited PTO - talk about work/life balance
- Brand new Macbook - latest tech so you are equipped
- Tax-free remote stipend for FTE’s - help with expenses
- Of course the usual FTE package - health, dental, vision, life insurance; STD/LTD, 401K
Community Boost is not profit driven, Community Boost is values-driven. As a result of our values, we have become profitable. At Community Boost, not every business decision should be an economic one, we will always look through the lens of impact as well.
Community Boost’s core values are the behaviors and skills we value in our colleagues. These values are what drives rewards, promotions and personnel decisions. It is our values that give us the best chance of continuous success for many generations of technology and people.
We Inspire, Innovate, Impact… Everyday.
We Are Transparent
We Are Self-Aware
We Are Bold
We Are Humble
We Care About this Planet
We Are Committed to Excellence
We Are Relentless Learners
We Own Ownership
We Celebrate Life
Excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway. We’re always looking for talented people of all backgrounds to join our team. We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities: all are welcome here at Community Boost. Community Boost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Community Boost participates in E-Verify and will provide your Form I-9 information to the federal government to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Community Boost is required to provide you with written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to begin resolving the issue before taking any action against you, including terminating your employment. E-Verify can only be used by Community Boost after you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.