VP of Operations
San Diego, CA /
Est. Salary Range: $115,000 to $140,000 annually DOE
Est. Start Date: March 1st, 2021
Community Boost is a nonprofit marketing and advertising agency in San Diego, CA. Our team works directly with nonprofits helps nonprofits of all sizes & sectors (from $800K annual budgets to $800 million) create versatile digital marketing strategies that ultimately help scale the global impact an organization makes in real life. We focus on helping mission-driven organizations market where people's attention is actually at: online and on mobile.
Our team of digital specialists and consultants tackle some of the biggest challenges in nonprofit marketing. By keeping up with the ever-changing landscape of the Google Ad Grant, Facebook + Instagram Advertising, Paid Google Ads, Analytics, Social Media Marketing, SEO, Impact Measurement and Web Development, we keep strategies fresh and campaigns inspired for our high-impact partners.
Just in the past year, Community Boost has directly served over 250 forward thinking nonprofit organizations, generated over $10 million in donation revenue and worked with some of the biggest brands in the space, including: Save the Children, Equal Justice Initiative, the Trevor Project, the Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation and the Cancer Research Institute.
The Opportunity At A Glance
Community Boost is looking for an experienced VP of Operations, or VPO, to lead the strategy and ensure high quality execution as we look to scale, automate and drive operational excellence. Community Boost’s VPO will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency and profitability of the business as Community Boost continues to grow its impact and team. The VPO is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting only to the CEO.
This role requires a high energy, organized, self-motivated, resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence and the ability to stay ahead of the curve, juggle multiple priorities, communicate effectively, build collaboration between cross-functional teams and leadership.
What You Bring
- 5 years minimum in agency leadership position
- Proven experience in helping lead and scale digital agency to over 50 people and achieve over eight-figures a year in total revenue
- A love for fast moving, entrepreneurial company cultures
- A diverse perspective and a collaborative nature
- Undeniable passion for the digital marketing and nonprofit space
- Motivate, mentor and manage the Dir of Client Service, Dir of Traffic & Conversion, Dir of Finance and Dir of Team Happiness
- Define and manage standards, key metrics, benchmarks and review processes to drive standardization and innovation across Community Boost’s client service team and overall customer portfolio
- Establish the frameworks, templates, processes and cadences to enable rapid data-driven strategic decision making for the company and client service team
- Improve Community Boost’s existing systems and processes by establishing a culture of best practices, tools, templates and forums to set up, monitor, track and execute on various programs and initiatives
- Constantly lead Client Service to optimize and implement scalable strategies and systems to improve efficiency and profitability - while never sacrificing
- Setup and monitor automated systems to instrument, gather, analyze data and intelligence about the happiness, engagement and feedback of Community Boost’s customers Strategic planning and budgeting
- Capacity planning and resource allocation
- Cross-functional program management
- Streamline cross-department success between Sales and Client Service
- Execute on skip management meetings to stay connected to the entire Client Service team
- Client Service team performance reviews
- Help manage the P/L statement
- Top-of-Market salary.
- Paid holidays + Flexible PTO from day one. Plus, birthdays are personal paid days off.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision and a fully company covered life insurance plan.
- Flexible WFH hours & Full-Remote Policies.
- Supporting inspiring & high impact clients.
- Being surround by high-performing, motivated colleagues.
- A strong “don’t please your boss” culture with radical candor and transparency.
- A dynamic culture of passionate people who work hard, have fun and love a challenge.
- A dog friendly office located in the heart of Little Italy – surrounded by great restaurants and coffee shops
- The ability to work everyday to empower social ventures changing the world
We are looking to onboard a VP of Operations to our team in March 2021. That said, please apply as we'd love to start the conversation sooner rather than later!