San Francisco /
Product / Design /
At Compose AI, we help people type less and live more. Isn't it crazy that people are still typing every word of every letter on 99% of the websites and programs they use every day? That's why we built the best-in-class autocomplete, but we didn't stop there—Compose AI also lets you rewrite your sentences in different tones or styles and can even generate whole paragraphs and other pieces of copy. We are a fast-growing team backed by YCombinator, Craft Ventures, Sequoia, along with founders from Kayak, Hubspot, Vercel, and Honey. Join us in our mission to make AI an extension of the human.
As a Product Designer at Compose AI, you will be responsible for the full design lifecycle. This includes talking to users, sketching wireframes, and creating high-fidelity mock-ups when appropriate. This is not the typical design role. We are working on core innovations to the way people use their computers on a day-to-day basis. Reinventing the way people interact with text can be subtle and precise, and there are often no past examples of how to do so. If you are excited by this UX challenge, then you'd likely be a good fit for the team.
- 3+ years of UX/UI/Product Design Experience
- Great written communication skills
- Can work with PMs to take an idea from conception to implementation with a set of wireframes and user flows for the engineering team
- Experience working at an early-stage startup (< 25 employees)
- Experience designing for Chrome Extensions/tools that are used on top of many other tools
- UI/Visual design skills