We're not actively hiring for this role and so may take several weeks to get back to you. If you're interested, we would encourage you to apply anyway.
As Security Lead at Conjecture, you will head up efforts to harden systems and protect our data and technologies. You will initially be a one-person-team, responsible for helping with overall security strategy to building more secure systems from the ground up. Later, you will be responsible for overseeing the future growth of the security team and managing new hires.
Ideal candidates will be creative, scrappy, and eager to fight a David-and-Goliath battle in which our security measures may need to hold up to theft or attacks from nation states.
This role also benefits from familiarity with modern ML systems, as you will work alongside Conjecture's ML engineers to secure all aspects of our internal infrastructure, from compute resources, to model-building, to storing and serving data efficiently. You should have strong software engineering experience, and knowledge of building and maintaining safe and secure computing systems.
List of responsibilities may include
- Assess how and where Conjecture might be vulnerable to attack.
- Develop and build our internal security program.
- Work closely with all teams across Conjecture to build enduring and high-trust partnerships.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and infrastructure.
- Drive high leverage initiatives in corporate IT, infrastructure and physical security.
- Coordinate external security consultants, services, and vendors.
- Develop, exercise, and lead incident response plans and processes.
- Grow the security team; hiring, managing and mentoring.
You might be a good fit for this role if
- You enjoy working as part of a team and supporting the work of other researchers and engineers.You are a strong and resourceful problem solver.You enjoy studying computing systems at a very low level.
- You have a high level of familiarity with Unix based Operating Systems (specifically Ubuntu, mac OS)
Experience with the following would be a bonus
- Tooling of a range of different cloud compute providers
- Kubernetes and managing kubernetes clusters.
- Machine learning / deep learning / NLP concepts and applications.
- Alignment and AI safety concepts and applications.
- Guarding against sophisticated attackers (e.g., security work with banking systems, working with governments, etc.)