Business Development Representative
Remote, USA /
Continu is a Modern Learning Management platform used by some of the world's most innovative companies. We believe that workplace learning should be beautiful, social, and deeply connected to the tools companies use. The challenge is that most workplace tools feel like they were built in the 90s, often outdated and clunky and leaving a lot to be desired. That's why Continu exists - to power learning for the modern workplace. We started in 2012 and have quickly been gaining momentum around the world. Joining our team means that you're driven, hungry to learn new things, and ready to work on exciting new challenges with a highly collaborative team.
We are looking for a bright and innovative Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth of our business through effective account-based and inbound outreaches and pipeline development. The BDR is responsible for outbound activity to discover, nurture, and qualify net new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about Continu solutions as they are about providing an exceptional experience for every customer.
As a BDR at Continu, you will:
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts with an account-based approach
- Using tools like Outreach, build a sequence of targeted outreaches to engage prospects in various parts of the customer journey,
- Eager to utilize outreach techniques including cold-calling, emailing, social media connections, video, gifting into targeted accounts
- Engage with prospects via a variety of channels and use creativity and personability in direct 1-1 outreaches.
- Share our vision, identify opportunities, and generate interest in Continu
- Develop an in-depth knowledge about the Learning Management space and how Continu leads in the future of learning
- Utilize tools to research accounts and personas to develop compelling and tailored value propositions
- Work side-by-side with Marketing and Sales to provide a best-in-class customer experiences from targeting to engaging in commercial discussions.
- Confidently handle prospect’s objections and educate them on Continu’s approach to Learning
Qualifications for the role include:
- BA/BS or similar college-level education preferred
- 1+ years in the BDR function or similar work experience
- 1+ years of experience working with Salesforce (preferred) or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- 1+ years of experience working with Outreach or Salesloft & ZoomInfo or similar tools (preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level interactions with internal and external contacts
- Team player with the highest level of integrity
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
The estimated salary range for this role is $50,000 - $60,000 base salary / $75,000 - $85,000 total OTE. In addition to salary, all full time employees are eligible for a robust benefits package and a generous allotment of PTO.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and we use a variety of external benchmarking tools to establish them. Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors including experience level, skill set, location, balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company, and ensuring there is adequate room for salary growth within the role.
Please note that the range above was determined based on the expectations as laid out in the job description, however, we are often open to a broader variety of candidate profiles. We understand that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description requires. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you early in the interview process.