Associate Engineer (Job ID: 2275)
Engineering – Drive-Thru /
Who We Are
ConverseNow is the leading voice AI platform for restaurants. Our virtual ordering assistants automate drive-thru and phone orders for a growing list of the world’s leading restaurant brands. With cutting-edge technology and a passion for service, we sit at the intersection of tech, B2B SaaS and hospitality. Named to the Forbes AI 50 List, Built In’s Startups to Watch List and recognized by TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Business Insider and Nation’s Restaurant News among others, we’re proud to have created a truly best-in-class technology that’s leading the AI and restaurant worlds forward.
Backed by blue chip investors such as CRAFT Ventures (Tesla, Uber, Airbnb, Postmates, Slack) and Enlightened Hospitality Investments (led by Shake Shack Founder Danny Meyer), we’ve raised ~$35M in funding with our sights set on continued exponential growth.
We owe our growth to the remarkable culture we’ve built at ConverseNow. Driven by team-selected core values of Ambition, Passion, Inclusiveness, Guest-Centricity and Low-Ego (our personal favorite), we boast a fun, collaborative work environment where team members are constantly learning from and supporting one another, voices are heard, and everyone has a seat at the table. We’re based in Austin, TX, with a remote team distributed across the globe.
We are looking for a talented Associate Engineer with a skill-set consisting of quality assurance, testing, and customer service to join our fast-growing Drive-Thru team. This is an Austin, TX based role.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate hardware and software testing in the Austin office.
- Dedicated support for ConverseNow Drive-Thru customers (store managers, day-to-day operations teams, etc.)
- Willingness to travel ⅓ of the time to on-site Drive-Thru locations.
- Manage inventory and project management for tracking and maintenance of live Drive-Thru devices in the field.
- Work alongside developers for management systems and operate day-to-day system configuration changes.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to work in ambiguity and handle various responsibilities simultaneously.
- Experience communicating with customers and representing the brand.
- Basic Linux command line and scripting knowledge
- Ability to install and uninstall packages.
- Basic networking knowledge. Experience with Wireshark or other sniffers for local diagnostics.
What We Provide
- Competitive benefits package, including 100% healthcare coverage
- 401(k) match
- Unlimited PTO
- An incredible team with tremendous passion for the company’s mission, sharing a “Let’s do this” attitude while maintaining a strong work/life balance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.