AI/ML Developer Advocate
Go to market /
Encord is a London-based startup building the AI engine of the future. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt firsthand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
We are looking for an exceptional AI/ML Developer Advocate to join our talented team in London (or remotely)! We are delighting AI/ML practitioners everywhere by delivering value through our innovative platform and open-source toolkit and by advice and valuable insights to the ML & data science community.
You will be the interface between Encord and the community, helping us to understand what our customers and users are interested in and how we best communicate with them. You will also be a vital connector between the growth and product teams, allowing marketing and sales to better understand the technical aspects of Encord.
The key element of this role is creating engaging content, in all its various forms, with a machine learning and computer vision audience in mind.
- This would include, but not be limited to:
1. Weekly technical blog posts
2. Review/analysis of top ML papers (Think Papers with Code)
3. Videos/product demos
4.Product How To Guides
5. ML community engagement
6. Social media posts
- You will establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor by generating innovative content including weekly technical blog posts, social posts, how-to guides, videos and more.
-Proactively engage and foster relationships with our users and AI thought leaders to earn their trust
Help convey customer/community feedback directly to product management, design, and engineering to help make our products better
The successful candidate needs a good understanding of both technical machine learning topics, but also has the willingness to engage in the machine learning community.
We’ll want you to be able to regularly and consistently produce content for this audience. This will need to be more than just written content - we need someone that is happy explaining complex topics to the camera in a succinct and engaging way.
- 1+ years of experience working with machine learning (Computer vision is a plus)
- Relevant BSc. or MSc. degree in CS, AI, or ML-related topics.
- Proficiency with Python, and popular machine learning libraries: TensorFlow, Pytorch, NumPy, etc.
- Interested in computer vision/machine learning and a motivation to speak publicly about it.
- Experience writing content (papers, reports, blogs, social media, research papers, etc.)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and a bias for action. We’re still a startup. You’ll have to operate with partial knowledge, get hands-on with projects, and constantly be rethinking how we do things. Plus, move very quickly.
- [Optional] Experience in contributing to open-source projects
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity in an early-stage rocket ship.
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays.
- Office located in the heart of Soho with frequent social events.
- Fast-paced learning through direct hands-on experience.
- Opportunity to proliferate yourself as an AI thought leader.
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services for enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, defence, autonomous driving, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems that will drive the future of humanity.