Technical Documentation Writer
Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive solution for computer vision AI applications. We empower our clients to:
• Label their visual data.
• Test and evaluate computer vision models, delivering models to production with greater efficiency and confidence.
• Fine-tune models through insights into how changes in data affect model performance.
Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
The current state of AI feels akin to the early days of computing or the internet, where the potential of the technology is clear but the tools and processes surrounding it are yet to be developed - that’s where we come in! Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding technological progress and started Encord in response to this lack of AI infrastructure.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Documentation Writer to contribute to documentation projects in our London office. Please note that this is a hybrid role and you will be expected to be in our London office a minimum of 3 times per week.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with the desire to immerse themselves into the world of data-centric AI, and contribute in the following ways:
• Create documentation, ensuring delivery of top quality documentation in time with our release schedule. This means expanding and improving existing documentation, creating video tutorials, and producing API / SDK documentation that gives non-technical users the tools they need to seamlessly get started.
• Produce video tutorials as an attractive alternative to written documentation, making Encord’s tools more accessible to a wider range of audiences.
• Continue developing documentation strategy in response to new clients, changes in the market, and new documentation tools being released.
The right candidate will have:
• 2+ years of proven experience working as a technical writer / technical author.
• BS or BA degree, with a focus in Communications, English, Instructional Design, User Research, Education. STEM graduates with experience and an interest in communication are also encouraged to apply.
• Excellent writing skills and experience in writing technical procedures and concept topics for a range of audiences.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate.