Sales Development Rep (SDR) - San Diego
San Diego, CA /
Cottage was founded with the belief that there had to be a better way for homeowners and contractors to work together. We are building a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows homeowners to design online, get upfront pricing and access vetted contractors who run their business on our platform. We're starting with Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), which provide much needed housing, a smart investment for homeowners and consistent work for contractors.
Cottage is backed by Fifth Wall, Susa Ventures, Base10 Partners and premier proptech angel investors. The leadership team have built businesses and products at Uber, Procore and Tonal, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of custom homes. Join us to work alongside top talent on a product that outlives you.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious and motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team! This role is for someone who wants to be part of an exciting start-up, solving complicated challenges that touch everyday consumers.
As a SDR, you are responsible for qualifying new clients and working with the rest of our sales team to help guide a customer from initial touch points to converting to become a Cottage homeowner customer. You will work directly with the Head of Growth and sales team to build and manage a pipeline of homeowners as well as contribute to the efficiency of the Cottage’s sales process primarily in the customer qualification process, growth goals and other initiatives.
At this early stage of the business, you’ll learn how to navigate and improve a strategic sales & business development process, become an expert in our products and learn skills in presentation, communication, persuasion, and operations.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the founding team on building Cottage from the ground up - including its business strategy, culture, and offerings to homeowners
- Simultaneously own our sales pipeline and our sales & growth playbook; you’ll handle inbound leads via email, text and phone
- Implement processes, tools to improve conversion and make our acquisition machine as efficient as possible. You’ll have latitude to experiment and innovate to push our business forward.
What You’ll Need
- 1-2+ years of experience in sales, business development, or operations in an early stage or high-growth tech environment
- Strong social and communication skills as well as comfort in talking to new people
- Hustle, ambition, and a competitive drive to hit and exceed goals
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively - you’ll be managing relationships with dozens of homeowners simultaneously
- An excitement to experiment, try new things, and be creativeComfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous (but fun!) work environment
- Passion for real estate, architectural design and home improvement!
- Competitive salary with bonus based on SDR targets
- Early-stage employee equity — let’s build this rocket ship together :)
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k planA dynamic and passionate work environment — we're in it together and the sky's the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.