Sr. Product Designer
San Francisco, CA /
Product Design /
Cottage was founded with the belief that there had to be a better way for homeowners and contractors to work together. We are building a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows homeowners to design online, get upfront pricing and access vetted contractors who run their business on our platform. We're starting with Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), which provide much needed housing, a smart investment for homeowners and consistent work for contractors.
Cottage is backed by Fifth Wall, Susa Ventures, Base10 Partners and premier proptech angel investors. The leadership team have built businesses and products at Uber, Opendoor, Procore and WeWork, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of custom homes. Join us to work alongside top talent on a product that outlives you.
As the first Product Design hire at Cottage, you will work closely with the Founder & CEO and leadership team to shape our product and design experiences across our core audiences: homeowners, contractors and internal team.
What you'll do
- Own the end-to-end product design process, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation
- Develop and deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent the Cottage brand and design system standards
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs
- Collaborate with engineering to ship pixel-perfect designs
What you'll need
- 3-5+ years of experience in product design at a technology company
- Strong UX, interaction-design, information-design skills and visual design skills
- Demonstrated history designing simple digital solutions for complex real-world systems
- Experience with a modern design stack including Figma and Miro
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Early-stage employee equity — let’s build this rocketship together :)
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we're in it together and the sky's the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.