Sr. Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Cottage was founded with the belief that there had to be a better way for homeowners and contractors to work together. We are building a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows homeowners to design online, get upfront pricing and access vetted contractors who run their business on our platform. We're starting with Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), which provide much needed housing, a smart investment for homeowners and consistent work for contractors.
Cottage is backed by Fifth Wall, Susa Ventures, Base10 Partners and premier proptech angel investors. The leadership team have built businesses and products at Uber, Procore and Tonal, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of custom homes. Join us to work alongside top talent on a product that outlives you.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cottage, you will play a crucial role in building and improving our innovative residential construction marketplace. With your exceptional technical skills and a passion for solving complex problems, you'll develop and maintain our core systems and applications. You'll collaborate closely with a dynamic, cross-functional team and contribute to critical decisions that shape our product and services.
What you'll do
- Design, code, and debug complex software applications, focusing on performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Participate in all stages of software development - from design and development to testing and deployment.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders to deliver product features that align with the company's vision.
- Contribute to architectural decisions and help to improve our software development process.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and trends that could impact our platform.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Resolve production issues and implement optimizations and enhancements.
What you'll need
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-7 years of professional software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in modern web frameworks like React, Vue, NextJS, and cloud providers like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for tackling complex technical challenges.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a solid understanding of software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional initiative, and work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- A strong advocate for best practices, quality, and sound engineering principles.
What you'll get
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing startup.
- Comprehensive health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- Flexible work arrangements to balance your work and personal life.
- A vibrant, inclusive, and dynamic work environment that values your contributions.
- Opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth, and career advancement.
- The satisfaction of creating a product that positively impacts people's lives.
- A culture that values diversity, inclusivity, and open communication.
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.