Head of Finance & Strategy
San Francisco, CA /
Cottage was founded with the belief that there had to be a better way for homeowners and contractors to work together. We are building a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows homeowners to design online, get upfront pricing and access vetted contractors who run their business on our platform. We're starting with Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), which provide much needed housing, a smart investment for homeowners and consistent work for contractors.
Cottage is backed by Fifth Wall, Susa Ventures, Base10 Partners and premier proptech angel investors. The leadership team have built businesses and products at Uber, Procore and Tonal, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of custom homes. Join us to work alongside top talent on a product that outlives you.
The Head of Finance & Strategy will lead the finance, accounting and strategy function for our growing business. In this role, you will be a foundational member of the leadership team and the first member of our Finance division. You will work closely with all teams across Cottage and communicate directly with our Board of Directors and investors.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the leadership team on building Cottage from the ground up - including business strategy, culture and product offerings
- Lead strategic planning to position the business for future success
- Identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to the leadership team based on your findings
- Build financial models and develop KPIs for real-time monitoring of performance, investor relations and fundraising
- Manage day-to-day accounting and finance functions including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, collections, accounts payable, and financial reporting
What you'll need
- 7+ years of experience in strategic finance, private equity/venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting
- Analytical and data-driven mindset - you can define KPIs and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- Ability to work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, operations and product to deliver results
- Experience building and managing a team
- Comfort with a fast-paced early stage startup environment
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Early-stage employee equity — let’s build this rocketship together :)
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we're in it together and the sky's the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.