Senior Manager, Marketplace Growth & Engagement
San Francisco, CA /
Cottage was founded with the belief that there had to be a better way for homeowners and contractors to work together. We are building a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows homeowners to design online, get upfront pricing and access vetted contractors who run their business on our platform. We're starting with Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), which provide much needed housing, a smart investment for homeowners and consistent work for contractors.
Cottage is backed by Fifth Wall, Susa Ventures, Base10 Partners and premier proptech angel investors. The leadership team have built businesses and products at Uber, Procore and Tonal, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of custom homes. Join us to work alongside top talent on a product that outlives you.
At Cottage, we’re building a platform to design, permit and build at a speed, quality, and price that hasn't been seen before. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team at Cottage which will work closely to craft and execute our business strategy.
As a Senior Manager for Marketplace Growth & Engagement, you’ll help lead Cottage’s expansion by ensuring our marketplace has the capacity and competencies to achieve our goals. This will be a highly cross-functional and visible role, acting as a conduit between Cottage’s internal teams and external partners.
What you'll do
- Own the Marketplace experience for our third-party Designers, Consultants, Engineers, and General Contractors
- Monitor consumer demand relative to Marketplace supply, and develop go-to-market strategies to drive supply-side growth
- Acquire new partners and negotiate favorable terms and conditions
- Orient new partners to Cottage’s expectations, policies, and systems
- Help spearhead new market expansion by onboarding early adopters of the Cottage Marketplace in new geographies and product categories
- Engage partners with connection to keep them on the Cottage platform, and develop strategies to improve partner satisfaction and retention over time
- Respond to partner questions in real time
- Build systems that proactively identify and address partner concerns and issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define and maintain Cottage’s vetting criteria and standards
What you'll need
- 2-4+ years of experience experience in high growth tech environment or marketplace driven business
- Training or experience in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry
- Proven track record as a self-starter; you deliver results against multiple competing priorities
- Strong communication skills and collaborative work style; you can navigate diverging ideas and priorities across stakeholders
- Flexibility for occasional travel, providing hands-on support while Cottage launches new markets
- The ability to build relationships quickly with a diverse set of partners
- An excitement to experiment, try new things, and be creative
- Comfort with a fast-paced and rapidly changing (but fun!) work environment
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Early stage employee equity — let’s build this rocketship together!
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we're in it together and the sky's the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.