Business Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Business Operations /
Cottage was founded with the belief that there had to be a better way for homeowners and contractors to work together. We are building a SaaS-enabled marketplace that allows homeowners to design online, get upfront pricing and access vetted contractors who run their business on our platform. We're starting with Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), which provide much needed housing, a smart investment for homeowners and consistent work for contractors.
Cottage is backed by Fifth Wall, Susa Ventures, Base10 Partners and premier proptech angel investors. The leadership team have built businesses and products at Uber, Procore and Tonal, as well as hundreds of millions of dollars of custom homes. Join us to work alongside top talent on a product that outlives you.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team at Cottage which will work closely together to craft and execute upon our business strategy. At Cottage, we’re building a platform to design, permit and build at a speed, quality and price that hasn't been seen before in the industry.
As a Business Operations Manager, you'll use data to identify issues and opportunity areas within the business, then work design, implement and iterate on solutions. This will be a highly cross-functional role with collaboration across different team leads and members at Cottage.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain automated analytics to measure the efficiency and health of the business
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvement and optimization
- Create and implement new processes and automations to achieve business goals
- Analyze data to measure adoption, results and business impact of process improvements
- Manage projects from idea to implementation
What you'll need
- 2-4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or strategic operations in a high-growth tech environment
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Airtable, or other spreadsheet/database tools; familiarity with Zapier, Integrately, Workato, or other low/no-code tools is a plus
- Analytical, data-driven mindset; you’re capable of owning a number and moving it in the right direction
- Proven track record as a self-starter, delivering metrics improvements and project managing across many stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and collaborative work style; you work well with a cross-functional team and are able to able to operate with many ideas and inputs
- An excitement to experiment, try new things, and be creative
- Comfort with a fast-paced and rapidly changing (but fun!) work environment
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Early stage employee equity — let’s build this rocketship together!
- Top of the line medical, dental and vision benefits
- Participation in Cottage’s 401k plan
- A dynamic and passionate work environment — we're in it together and the sky's the limit
- Empowerment to make decisions, act quickly, and be an owner
Cottage celebrates and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our people, products, and communities.