Account Director - US (T2)
Account Director – Account Director /
Full Time - Remote
Directive Consulting is the performance marketing agency for SaaS and Tech companies. We use Customer Generation (a marketing methodology developed by us) which focuses on SQLs and Customers instead of traditional metrics like MQLs. We offer Paid Media, SEO, Performance Creative, and Video to our clients by creating comprehensive digital marketing strategies that allow our clients to hit their SQL targets, every time.
About The Role:
The Account Director develops and drives ongoing strategy for Integrated Accounts (accounts with multiple service lines, including but not limited to SEO and Paid Media). This role reports to the SVP of Enterprise Engagements and is a crucial part of the client operations team. This role is ultimately responsible for guiding clients through their tenure with Directive by managing the execution team on the account while integrating the breadth of Directive's services throughout the engagement. In this role, you are expected to maintain a high level of transparency and communication with our clients and fellow team members while maintaining client expectations and goals. In this role, you can expect to lean on your expert time management, client relations, and process management. You will be working with some of the largest brands in the world delivering high-quality and effective marketing that can and will change your career.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Successfully manage the internal execution of your team on shared clients
- Champion the strategy that will transform our client's success
- Lead weekly calls with clients and execution team to drive alignment and forward momentum
- Drive success by creating deadlines and expectations both internally and with clients
- Travel to clients to host and attend key moments like QBRs, kickoffs, and more
- Maintain client expectations and timelines for our deliverables by being in constant communication
- Own the final deliverables that we provide, being the ultimate QA for everything the client sees
- Help team members build rapport with their client equivalents
- Collaborate and communicate daily with Directors and Associates Directors that own the product lines
- Audit single-service accounts in hopes of delivering a compelling integrated strategy
What You Offer:
- 2+ years experience in SEO or Paid Media in both delivering work and communicating success (Preferably in an agency environment)
- Customer service or sales experience with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Equal parts competitive and curious; you’re a true problem solver
- Proven ability to create rapport with all personality types
- A keen understanding of client relationships, and how you can improve a relationship
- Obsessed with organization and the ability to balance multiple priorities with varying levels of complexity
- Comfort with traveling and hosting teams (internal and external) for both official business and lunch/dinner/events
- Understands how to speak to everyone from an intern to a CMO and what makes each person in an org chart tick
- Travel to visit clients approximately X3 per year, per client or as needed
What We Offer
🏠 We have a set living wage at Directive
🙏 Medical, dental, vision plans, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your family that fit your lifestyle
Including a 100% employer-paid plan for you and a 50% employer contribution for your dependents
Benefits to Support the Whole Person:
🧠 Mental - Access to certified therapists through Spring Health, membership to Headspace
💪 Physical - Gympass
🛫 Time Off - Unlimited PTO (2-week minimum), Paid Company Holidays, Your Birthday Off, End of Year Recharge (Closed December 24 - January 1), Paid Parental Leave
💰 Financial - Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a 3% company match
🌟 Bonus - Annual bonus based on tenure, which scales in total amount over time
🌴 Annual Anniversary Trip to Newport Beach, CA with peers and executive leadership for fun and entertainment!
Work Environment Requirements
As a remote-first company, you’ll have the ability to work from anywhere in the US, with the option to enjoy our state-of-the-art offices in Irvine, California. For some positions, as posted, we will accommodate global opportunities where we have established businesses, including Canada, the UK, and Australia. For global locations, you must have established and current work authorization and permanently reside in that country.
This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity tools as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication, must have reliable internet access, and a professional background.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
At Directive, one of our core values is People First. We’re committed to fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the digital landscape. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.