Senior Staff Accountant
Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Finance – Accountant /
Full Time - Remote
Directive Consulting is the performance marketing agency for SaaS and Tech companies. We use Customer Generation (a marketing methodology developed by us) which focuses on SQLs and Customers instead of traditional metrics like MQLs. We offer Paid Media, SEO, Performance Creative, and Video to our clients by creating comprehensive digital marketing strategies that allow our clients to hit their SQL targets, every time.
This role reports into the Accounting Manager and will play a critical role in maintaining accounting procedures and confirming accounting compliance through preparation of the company’s reports and statements. In this role you are ultimately responsible for elevating our finance & accounting function through innovation and ownership. You are expected to utilize your expertise in processes & controls, GAAP financials and strong attention to detail.
This is a fully remote role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow GAAP accounting standards to verify, allocate, and post transactions with a high degree of accuracy and transparency
- Play a pivotal role in monthly closing process the first week of every month
- Perform monthly analysis of financial statements, including variance analysis of budgeted and prior year amounts for select accounts
- Apply accounting acumen for department performance quality with accurate monthly, trimesterly, and annual journal entries
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Organize and update financial records to share with other departments
- Maintain schedules in support of company metrics and key performance indicators
- Engage with multiple departments and roles within the organization by providing accounting support
- Prepare documentation for external auditors or other third parties
- Perform Ad-hoc projects and analysis as assigned by management
- Prepare 1099 forms if needed
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate accounting environment
- Operational knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, and other advanced formulas
- Experience or familiarity navigating Oracle NetSuite (software/tool) or equivalent ERP system
- Ability to multi-task and utilize excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and operate with a sense of urgency for high priority items
- Takes initiative and responsibility to be self-motivated, both in assigned tasks and perceived improvements to processes
- You’re quality-obsessed with accuracy, timeliness & consistency
What We Offer
🏠 We have a set living wage at Directive
🙏 Medical, dental, vision plans, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your family that fit your lifestyle
Including a 100% employer-paid plan for you and a 50% employer contribution for your dependents
Benefits to Support the Whole Person:
🧠 Mental - Access to certified therapists through Spring Health, membership to Headspace
💪 Physical - Gympass, fertility support through Carrot, thousands of Aaptiv virtual workouts, complimentary One Medical membership for primary and virtual care
🛫 Time Off - Unlimited PTO (2-week minimum), Paid Company Holidays, Your Birthday Off, End of Year Recharge (Closed December 24 - January 1), Paid Parental Leave
💰 Financial - Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a 3% company match
🌟 Bonus - Annual bonus based on tenure, which scales in total amount over time
🌴 Annual Anniversary Trip to Newport Beach, CA with peers and executive leadership for fun and entertainment!
Work Environment Requirements
As a remote-first company, you’ll have the ability to work from anywhere in the US, with the option to enjoy our state-of-the-art offices in Irvine, California. For some positions, as posted, we will accommodate global opportunities where we have established businesses, including Canada, the UK, and Australia. For global locations, you must have established and current work authorization and permanently reside in that country.
This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity tools as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication, must have reliable internet access, and a professional background.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Directive, one of our core values is People First. We’re committed to fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the digital landscape. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.