Director of Paid Media
Irvine, CA, United States
Paid Media – Director /
Full Time - Remote
Directive Consulting is the performance marketing agency for SaaS and Tech companies. We use Customer Generation (a marketing methodology developed by us) which focuses on SQLs and Customers instead of traditional metrics like MQLs. We offer Paid Media, SEO, Performance Creative, and Video to our clients by creating comprehensive digital marketing strategies that allow our clients to hit their SQL targets, every time.
As Director of Paid Media, you’ll be tasked with leading a Paid Media division in client performance and retention, product innovation, team member development and accountability, as well as thought leadership, both external and internal. You are a critical part of continuing to elevate Directive into the upper-echelon of performance marketing agencies.
This role reports to the Vice President of Performance Marketing and is a crucial part of the management team. The Director of Paid Media works cross-departmentally to achieve the goals of the department and company and acts as the CEO of the Paid Media department. This includes working with marketing on messaging and thought leadership, actively participating in sales conversations, and regularly developing an innovative, creative, and performance-driven Paid Media deliverable. Above all, the Director of Paid Media ensures a high standard of client excellence across their team of Associate Directors, Strategists, and Specialists.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Inspire an impressive team of Associate Directors to exceed client goals, deliver an exceptional client experience, and develop and grow their teams and their accounts
- Lead a world-class team of 20+ Paid Media strategists in the execution of innovative campaigns for mid-level and enterprise SaaS and Tech companies
- Improve and approve strategies for paid media clients that result in the client exceeding their goals
- Provide leadership support in pitching new business and growing clients
- Understand changes to the marketplace and industry, adjusting client Paid Media strategies accordingly
- Oversee department budget, including staffing and resource requirements like capacity planning and maintaining healthy margins
What You Offer
- 8-10+ years experience managing teams of 10+ Paid Media practitioners, preferably at a growing agency
- Experience with navigating, servicing, and growing enterprise-level Paid Media engagements
- Experience communicating as an executive sponsor of key accounts; exceptional customer service and communication with the C-Suite during key moments such as Annual Business Reviews or Renewal conversations
- A dynamic performance-marketing mindset for B2B, a clear POV on what is needed to drive performance success and curiosity for what’s ahead in the Paid Media industry for B2B SaaS and Tech organizations, particularly LinkedIn, Programmatic, Google Ads, and Review Sites (e.g. Capterra, G2)
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work across teams with different types of individuals
- Ability to understand the details of client goals and be able to translate into broader strategic campaigns for leadership and the greater team
- Ready to pivot based on priority shifts or industry changes and can anticipate change
- Clear communicator with strategic insights and the ability to create buy-in across the organization
- A clear, insightful vision for the future direction of the marketplace, with a track record of thought leadership in the Paid Media field
- Solid strategic skills and impressive understanding of the business from both market and P&L perspectives
- Exceptional ability to motivate and retain a world-class team
- Travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces, and new ideas
What We Offer
🏠 We have a set living wage at Directive
🙏 Medical, dental, vision plans, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your family that fit your lifestyle
Including a 100% employer-paid plan for you and a 50% employer contribution for your dependents
Benefits to Support the Whole Person:
🧠 Mental - Access to certified therapists through Spring Health, membership to Headspace
💪 Physical - Gympass, fertility support through Carrot, thousands of Aaptiv virtual workouts, complimentary One Medical membership for primary and virtual care
🛫 Time Off - Unlimited PTO (2-week minimum), Paid Company Holidays, Your Birthday Off, End of Year Recharge (Closed December 24 - January 1), Paid Parental Leave
💰 Financial - Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a 3% company match
🌟 Bonus - Annual bonus based on tenure, which scales in total amount over time
🌴 Annual Anniversary Trip to Newport Beach, CA with peers and executive leadership for fun and entertainment!
Work Environment Requirements
As a remote-first company, you’ll have the ability to work from anywhere in the US, with the option to enjoy our state-of-the-art offices in Irvine, California. For some positions, as posted, we will accommodate global opportunities where we have established businesses, including Canada, the UK, and Australia. For global locations, you must have established and current work authorization and permanently reside in that country.
This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity tools as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication, must have reliable internet access, and a professional background.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Directive, one of our core values is People First. We’re committed to fostering a more diverse and inclusive culture in the digital landscape. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.