Senior Database Administrator (6m Contract)
Engineering – Product /
We're an award winning FinTech, most recently listed by the Financial Times as one of the top 10 fastest growing fintechs in Europe. Divido’s whitelabel platform connects lenders, merchants and partners at the point of sale to create a flexible way to control and configure payments. Backed by HSBC and ING, in our recent Series B round, as well as the same investors who brought you Skype, Transfer Wise, and Worldpay, our mission is to transform retail finance with proven technology and industry expertise.
We are looking for an imaginative and experienced DBA to join our small Data team. Using your skill, your experience and creativity, you will transform and expand our data layer into something performant, available, scalable and resilient. Working with the BI / MI analytics engineers, you will assist with the transformation of raw data datasets into reporting and analysis business-wide that will drive business performance and visibility. Working with the developers, you’ll establish frameworks for commits and edits, develop and maintain databases, build and maintain ETL to and from systems. You will take end-to-end ownership of design and build, documentation and maintenance of the data layer - in entirety - and you’ll define a roadmap to design and continuously enhance our data platform and offering. It is an exciting role that’s going to be exactly as involved and complex and interesting as you make it - we don’t hire good people and tell them what to do. Tell us how to do it better...
To succeed in this DBA position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources; familiarity with several programming/scripting languages; experience optimising the design of databases, data servers, ETL processes, etc., with perhaps some data warehousing experience in there too. You must understand the responsibilities of being a prime data owner. Deep experience with MYSQL Aurora on AWS is essential.
This is a fantastic 3 to 6 month contract opportunity to help create the foundations of what is very nearly a greenfield data infrastructure alongside our Product and Development teams. If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organisational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Oversee the direction, development, and implementation of database solutions
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of database implementation
- Design and build ETL processes to integrate, structure, and cleanse data from multiple sources
- Own all aspects of data availability, reliability, and scalability of the data environment to meet business and customer demands
- Own the data component of our DR plans
- Configure database servers and install server software
- Monitor and maintain system health and security; create monitoring and alerting where none exist
- Set and own the data availability SLAs and KPIs
- Design backup processes for server and associated data
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution in a consultative and collaborative way
- Schedule and perform regular server maintenance
- Work with Infosec and IT Ops teams to establish patching and regular maintenance schedules where none exist
- Create database management procedures
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures
- Work with security teams to ensure data integrity
What you'll bring to Divido
- Experience with AWS and MySQL Aurora, PostGres and Redshift
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory (e.g. Kimball)
- Advanced knowledge of design and build of ETL and data cleansing routines
- Knowledge of database performance optimisation (indexing)
- Understanding and experience of high availability and horizontal scaling concepts
- Able to design and re-design SLAs and KPIs around data performance and availability
- Good experience in scripting languages
- Knowledge of Master Data Management best practises
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- Familiarity with data security best practices and PII / GDPR concepts
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
At Divido, you will not only have the opportunity to work with the brightest and best from the fintech industry, you will get to collaborate and share your expertise to transform retail finance.
Our multinational and diverse team is focussed on setting a new global standard for retail finance and you could be a part of this exciting mission at a time of high-growth in the sector.
As well as a joining a group of passionate of people, here are some of the other benefits you'll receive:
- Options in the company - no matter your level, every Divido employee is a shareholder in the business
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays - with the addition of one extra day for every year worked
- Private healthcare with Vitality and a cycle to work scheme to keep you fit and healthy
- International remote working: giving you the flexibility to be with family and friends, or a change of scenery
- Matched paid parental leave, to support new parents, equally
- Home set-up allowance to help you work comfortably and safely at home