Senior E-Commerce Engineer
Engineering – Core /
A Deloitte Fast 50 fintech and most recently listed by the Financial Times as one of the top 10 fastest growing fintechs in Europe, Divido’s whitelabel platform connects lenders, merchants and partners at the point of sale; transforming retail finance with proven technology and industry expertise to create a flexible way to control and configure payments, now.
With award-winning technology, Divido has set a new global standard for retail finance. Its whitelabel, multi-geo, omnichannel platform sweeps aside complexity and gets our clients to market, fast, placing the power of point-of-sale finance in their hands.
About the role
The E-commerce team owns our entire suite of e-commerce plugins. Our mission is to provide a stable, secure and innovative platform both to our clients and partners.
As an Engineer in the E-commerce team, you’ll have a varied and challenging workload. On any given day, you could be:
-Owning the diagnosis and resolution to a client issue
-Improving the stability, efficiency and performance of our platform
-Reviewing code submitted by colleagues and providing detailed, actionable feedback
-Designing and implementing cutting edge features that will help to disrupt the buy now pay later market.
We place a lot of trust in our engineers, giving them a high degree of autonomy in managing their own workloads. You will also have a great deal of influence in shaping the future of our e-commerce plugins. You’ll need to be comfortable working in a diverse ecosystem and across several different technologies. A good knowledge of industry best practices, design patterns are essential to your day to day work
- 4+ years of professional PHP experience
- Excellent understanding of REST, SOLID principles and design patterns
- Writing maintainable Unit Testing and End to end tests using Selenium or Cypress
- Being able to coach more junior colleagues on best practices and write clean and maintainable code
- Experience developing SDK’s other developers will use
- Exposure to one or more of the following e-commerce platforms:Shopify, Magento 2, WooCommerce, Wix, OsCommerce
- Being able take ownership of a implementation and oversee its development