Social Media Manager
ETHGlobal is growing the most valuable developer community in web3. As the usage of blockchain technology grows, the world is going to need more talented engineers, designers, and product leaders to build the future that blockchain technology is promising. We work with exactly these kinds of people every single day through the products we organize for our community. By focusing on this community, we think we can accelerate the transition to a crypto-native digital economy.
Historically, ETHGlobal has been about running hackathons around the world (we've run a hackathon in every continent except Antartica!), and we've been very successful at that. Hundreds of people have found jobs from our events, won millions in prizes, and some have even started businesses worth tens to hundreds of millions of dollars. Today, however, we see a path to be something much larger.
Managing social media at ETHGlobal is about empowering our community to do great things, together. We're a collection of crypto native engineers, community leaders, event organizers, and investors. Together, we will build the best community platform for technical talent in the entire crypto industry.
ETHGlobal was early in supporting the crypto community and have been doing so since 2017. We're a small team of 8, and we’re looking for experienced engineers in the cryptocurrency space who are invigorated by the opportunity to have a major impact on how developers learn and grow in this industry. You must be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces; you should have exquisite attention to detail and be comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Be extremely plugged into crypto ethos and culture
- Create content around events & activities happening in community
- Participate in discussions in our Discord and other communities where our brand exists
- Help new community members navigate the ecosystem
- Post updates on Twitter
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have previous experience managing community channels
- Have knowledge of the crypto ecosystem
- Enjoy the occasional meme
You're interested in
- A full-time position
- Fully remote work environment
- NFTs, DAOs and all things at the cutting edge of web3
- Occasionally travelling to international locations for physical weekend hackathons (e.g., Bogota, New York City, Amsterdam, or other major cities across the world)
- Competitive salary (option to be paid in cryptocurrency)
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your dependents (vision, dental, etc.)
- Flexible vacation and remote work policy
- Stipends for home office improvements, meals and additional remote-work benefits
At ETHGlobal, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.