Internship - Marketing and Communications
Medford, MA /
Business Development /
Nearly half of global greenhouse gas emissions come from burning fuel in kilns, turbines, and boilers to support industrial processes and electricity generation. To achieve net-zero all industries must find clean heat solutions. Today clean electricity is available when the wind blows and the sun shines, but we lack a technology that translates this to reliable, low-cost, high-temperature heat. While electric heating has been deployed in niche applications, poor durability and expensive electricity limits widespread adoption.
Electrified Thermal is on a mission to decarbonize industry with renewable heat. We are building the Joule Hive™ thermal battery: an energy storage technology that converts and stores cheap, renewable electricity as high-temperature heat. Our patented technology revolutionizes the durability of affordable electric heating to deliver flame-temperatures to any process. Our vision is to mitigate gigatons of CO2 emissions per year by deploying the Joule Hive™ at every industrial furnace, turbine, boiler and kiln for 100% decarbonization by 2050.
Electrified Thermal is a rapidly growing startup with support from the US DOE ARPA-E, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, Activate, and NREL-Shell Gamechanger (GCxN). We just closed a $4.5M seed round with several mission aligned venture firms including Clean Energy Ventures, Starlight Ventures, and the Grantham Foundation. Over the past two years we have built a productive and enjoyable workplace with culture rooted in equity and respect.
Join us if you are
Looking to tackle complex challenges with outsized impacts
Passionate about preventing climate change
Motivated to creatively and collaboratively solve problems
A self-starter who is willing to dig in and do whatever it takes to get the job done
As a Marketing and Communications intern, you will work closely with business operations team to externally promote key company information and build best practices for internal administrative operations. You will report directly to COO.
- Develop the process and infrastructure for our newsletter.
- Build Electrified Thermal’s social presence by sharing relevant content on LinkedIn and twitter.
- Collaborate with external partners to create a unified set of brand guidelines that can be used across website, presentations, the newsletter, and social platforms.
- Manage office administrative duties including scheduling, supply stock, workspace improvements, event planning etc.
Skills & Experience
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program with a focus on marketing, communications, business administration or a related field
- Experience creating clear, concise, and engaging visual and written content
- Knowledge of how to drive engagement across social platforms and newsletter campaigns
- Willingness to learn new tools (Wordpress, selected newsletter platform)
- Enthusiasm toward interdisciplinary problem solving
- Team-oriented, adaptable, and loves to challenge assumptions
- Passionate about mitigating climate change.
· 5 days of paid vacation at a mutually-agreed upon time during the internship, plus company holidays
· This is a 3 to 4 month fall internship, start and end date negotiable.
Location and Hours
ETS is located in Medford, MA. For this role, regular on-site work is expected. Flexibility in schedule and virtual work may be accommodated.
ETS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We believe people are the catalyst for success, and therefore seek those with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to maximize our impact. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.