Brisbane, QLD /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate Production Engineer to contribute to delivery of our world-class drone autonomy and mapping systems. In this role you will contribute to building, testing and supporting the development of Emesent products.
This role will suit a person experienced in a quality driven production environment with a keen interest in technology and innovation.
Salary $60,000 - $80,000 + ESOP + Super.
- Support day-to-day production, providing engineering solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Review and improve production-related data collection and tests to reduce time and optimise outcome
- Participate in and contribute to quality assurance processes to maintain a consistent high standard.
- Problem solving, fault finding and diagnostics on product issues.
- Help and contribute to the repair and testing of Emesent products
- Data collection and flight testing for R&D related activities
- Outdoor and walking scans for Hovermap payload calibration
- Indoor/outdoor data collection for LiDAR calibration
- Conduct flight tests in the field as part of the production process
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operating procedures, manufacturing batch records, inventory reports, or productivity reports.
- Support all other production activities as required.
- 5+ years of production experience in a quality and accuracy driven team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechatronics / Electrical / Electronics) or a related field
- Expertise in electronic and mechanical assembly in production from written procedures
- Good understanding of and ability to read and understand prints and schematics.
- Background in practical electronics, circuit fault finding, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to execute a detailed test plan and prepare useful test reports.
- Competent familiarity with computer based instructions, filing, data recording and QA procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with robotic systems and familiarity with various concepts in robotics.
- Advanced soldering and mechanical assembly skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Experience flying drones
- CASA RPAS certified pilot
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.