Senior Embedded Systems Engineer - Robotics
Brisbane, QLD /
Flight Autonomy /
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation in just 12 months, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced embedded systems engineer to assist with ongoing productisation and feature development of our high level flight autonomy stack.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and development of high level supervisor software.
- Sensor interfacing.
- Architecture, maintenance and integration related tasks for our ROS based software stack.
- Development of a simulation environment and automated testing tools for high level autonomy.
- Development and maintenance of our state estimation stack.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- University qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Robotics.
- 5+ years of C++ development experience in an Embedded Linux environment.
- Exposure to ROS, or other robotics frameworks.
- The ability to design, implement and deliver high quality software. Emphasis on good design, quality, correctness and maintainability.
- High level of self motivation, with the ability to own and drive development of major software components that have multiple contributors.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with sensors such as Lidars, IMUs, Cameras etc.
- Experience with areas of robotics such as slam, path planing, control, perception, state estimation.
- Experience developing automated testing frameworks, and simulation environments.
- Experience with Docker, CI Systems, Git, Python.
- Exposure to drones, PX4, Ardupilot, the DJI Onboard SDK.
- Competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work with a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology.
- Genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Four weeks annual leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.