Senior Electrical Engineer
Brisbane, QLD /
Hardware Engineering /
Our Mission to be Bold and Impactful
- Lead from Idea to Product
- Work with cutting edge technology
- See your work impacting lives
How you contribute
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Electronics Engineer who is passionate about leading design and development, problem solving and robotic systems. You will be responsible for designing electronic solutions for the next generation of Emesent’s drone autonomy and mapping products, performing testing of prototypes and pre-production units.
This is your opportunity to work at the cutting edge of robotics technologies, in a dynamic organisation enjoying growth in both domestic and international markets.
Here’s what we need
- Design Emesent’s products from architecture selection, electrical design, prototype bring-up, debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
- Provide engineering direction to the immediate team, including guidance regarding concept feasibility, electrical design practices, safety and regulatory compliance, general product manufacturing and assembly recommendations.
- Interface with manufacturers to resolve technical issues that may arise in manufacturing and to improve cost and quality of products.
- Work across company functional teams to ensure project success (e.g., product design, firmware, software, program management, quality assurance, production.)
How you’ll succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in Consumer Electronics/embedded system design or electrical systems development.
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART, USB), analog design, sensor design, low power system design and PCB/Flex technologies.
- Experience with high speed design and standard RF/WiFi interfaces at chipset and baseband integration levels.
- Proficiency in the use of thermal chambers, power analyzers, electronic loads, solder probes, oscilloscopes and RF test equipment.
- Experience with Altium PCB Designer and associated tools.
The added perks
- Get a competitive remuneration package including superannuation.
- Participate in our employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Work alongside a friendly and passionate team on cutting edge technology! - We know that our success and growth is a result of our motivated and inspiring teams.
- Take up our genuine learning and development opportunities.
- Settle into our great work environment and facilities.
- Chill out and enjoy our loaded kitchen facilities with games, snacks, drinks, fresh fruit and coffee machine provided.
- Enjoy the flexibility to work from home a few days of the week and our greatly appreciated meeting free Wednesdays.
- Take advantage of our office location in Milton - Enjoy the bustling cafes and tasty food options available!
- Join in on our fun work events and activities such as 'Funky shirt Fridays!', 'Coffee Club!' and 'Emesent Radio'.
- Take up our paid parental leave.
- Work in comfort with a casual dress code.
- Utilise our secure bike storage and shower facilities offered on-site.
- Take part in our generous employee referral scheme.
- Centralised in Brisbane, we offer moving assistance to help you relocate and join our collaborative workplace.
Who Are We?
Emesent has built a reputation as the key leader in automating data collection in challenging environments. Our award-winning technology, Hovermap, utilises innovative hardware, advanced algorithms and machine learning to automate collection and analysis of the physical world. Customers are able to acquire data in GPS-denied environments gaining insights that were not possible before. Our rapidly growing customer base are in the fields of mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, Emesent has made an emerging name for itself across the Globe and is successfully becoming a world leader in this unique industry of autonomous technology!
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds.
Our global talents are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!