Market Development Manager - Defence
Brisbane, QLD /
Sales & Customer Success /
Emesent has built a reputation for delivery of cutting edge and impactful technology. Emesent develops, manufactures and delivers leading solutions that automate the collection and analysis of data for the mining, infrastructure and survey & mapping industries. With an extensive list of global distributors, our B2B solution includes hardware, software and services.
Starting from a humble vision in Brisbane, Australia, with deep connections to Australia's globally recognised CSIRO, and building to a mid-sized global organisation within 2 years, our growth speaks for itself.
At Emesent we pride ourselves on the way our people operate. Our global talent are a cut above the rest who are at the top of their game, thriving in a collaborative environment. The work culture here is inclusive with the perfect balance of delivering results and pushing the boundaries all whilst having a little fun!
This role offers an excellent career opportunity for an experienced and motivated market / business development manager with effective product management expertise in the defence market. The Market Development Manager (MDM) will be responsible for meeting growth targets and continuous improvement of customer relationships. You will provide commercially focused, strategic direction of Emesent products in the Government/Defence industry verticals. You will grow sales of Hovermap in Government/Defence industry by leading sales of Emesent products and creating strategic product development opportunities (“Services”).
The role will ensure Emesent achieves commercial success of Hovermap and will be a key interface between the Product and Commercial teams for the defence market.
OTE $160,000 - $200,000 depending on experience + super
- Sale of Emesent products and new Services within Government/Defence markets. The scope and range of opportunities may change depending on product commercialisation roadmaps. Immediate term focus is on sales relating to Emesent's Hovermap solution
- Own the sales target of Hovermap solution sales in this market and ensure delivery against plan
- Support establishing the strategic direction of Hovermap solution in line with current and future business needs, through the development and execution of GTM strategy within the Government/Defence markets
- Work in partnership with Emesent Product and Commercial teams to build a compelling and buyer-centric value proposition for Hovermap that delivers significant value to Government/Defence customers. Ensure value proposition is supported with sales collateral (playbook, promotional material etc.) so that Emesent is recognised as the leading solution provider in the Government/Defence markets
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the total addressable market (TAM) in Government/Defence industries and steer entry strategy(s) that position Emesent for growth
- Liaise with Emesent Product team, and other stakeholders, to drive Hovermap enhancements to meet early adopter / customer requirements
- Adopt “user perspective” in guiding product strategy and development teams to successfully deliver Hovermap to market and/or add value to customer offerings through timely support
- Mentor/coach other employees, as appropriate, to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application between customers in the Government/Defence industries and the Emesent Product team(s)
- Provide general customer care with respect to Hovermap solutions sold and ensure positive customer experience
- Work with customers, Emesent management and BD team to prepare and maintain strategic expansion plans and marketing material, highlighting potential opportunities involving current or future products
- Identify new business opportunities and use cases for Hovermap with specified customers. Create and manage sales opportunities through sales process to ensure success
- Promote Hovermap to customers directly and arrange appropriate visits, presentations and workshops as required. This includes proposal preparation and presentation
- Deal with business queries and build relationships with internal and external customers, as appropriate, to help build the business
- Pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness
- Travel as required within Australia and abroad
- 7 + years' experience selling technical solutions to Government or Defence customers
- Experience selling unmanned vehicles (UV), robotics, autonomous systems or Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology
- Demonstrable history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Product commercialisation knowledge to allow informed decision-making regarding business startup and growth
- Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within organisations and to influence successfully and openly at all levels – both inside our organisation and outside in the business
- Ability to understand and assess complex and sometimes unfamiliar situations, visualise and articulate solutions and see through to resolution
- Strong commercial awareness. Ability to develop strategic action plans based on input from key persons
- Flexible approach to adjust the role as the position develops.
- Eligible to receive security clearances in accordance ASIO requirements
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally.
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Emesent within a relevant field of engineering, surveying or computer science or equivalent qualifications within an accredited field of study
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Significant interest in industrial innovation and technologies, with the ability to communicate and identify new opportunities for application of the technology.
- Demonstrated experience in taking new and technologically advanced products to market.
- Competitive remuneration + commission package.
- Participation in employee share option scheme (Equity).
- Learning and development support.
- Flexible work hours.
- Great work environment and facilities.
- World class team mates.
Emesent embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Be a part of a dynamic company that values its people and delivering revolutionising technological solutions.
No recruitment agencies.